Phase 1 - workout 2

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
Workout 2 is a 36-minute metabolic circuit training workout that you alternate with Workout 1 for the first two weeks of Phase 1. The workout consists of a short warm-up, followed by 4 circuits repeated twice and a short cool down/stretch. Each circuit consists of 4 exercises performed back-to-back with a 1-minute cardio interval before repeating the circuit again. This workout consists of the following circuits:

Circuit 1 – opposite arm and leg extension, pelvic thrusts (right side) , supermans, and pelvic thrusts (left side). Cardio interval: alternating knee thrusts.
Circuit 2 – static lunge with torso rotation (right side), wide dumbbell rows, static lunge with torso rotation (left side) and bicep drags. Cardio interval: side-to-side kickbacks.
Circuit 3 – deadlift with bicep curl, donkey kicks (left side), crunches and donkey kicks (left side). Cardio interval: knee hikes (perform for 30 seconds each side).
Circuit 4 – cable rows, good mornings, bicep hammer curls and step ups. Cardio interval: upper cuts.

Replies

• ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Really like this one!! Super sore in my hamstring's & butt the next day :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Really like this one!! Super sore in my hamstring's & butt the next day :)

Sore is good! It means your muscles are working!! Good job!! This is what you're aiming for people!! :smile:
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes! My legs are so sore but in a good way. Ready for Cardio tonight :happy:
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Yes! My legs are so sore but in a good way. Ready for Cardio tonight :happy:

Great enthusiasm! Cardio 1 is a fun workout... But still be prepared to sweat and burn some cals! I.did it twice today as part of my kickstart routines. Remember to land softly when you jump, it'll be easier on those calves and shins!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Ok.I did Phase 1/workout 2/Day 2.I feel good :happy:
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not as high calorie burn as W1 but felt the exercises targeted the muscles so liked it
  • rigby724
    rigby724 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Workout 2 is done! Feeling great and looking forward to cardio tonight! :)
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Workout 2 is done! Feeling great and looking forward to cardio tonight! :)

Same here! I think it kicked my soreness from yesterday into high gear but its a good sore.
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    and that's officially a wrap on workout 2 for me. looking forward to seeing what workouts 3 and 4 have to offer, I'm sure a lot of pain, but good pain:)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    and that's officially a wrap on workout 2 for me. looking forward to seeing what workouts 3 and 4 have to offer, I'm sure a lot of pain, but good pain:)

Well done wl4good! You're doing brilliantly, and will continue to do so as you go into WO's 3 & 4. They are a teeny step up from the first two workouts, but I think your hard work so far will have prepared you for it! Go get it!!
  • JABGoochie
    Options
    Enjoyed workout 2 today - but I feel naked without my HRM!!!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Enjoyed workout 2 today - but I feel naked without my HRM!!!!

I would miss my HRM if i couldn't use it for whatever reason, i glance at it occasionally to check i've got a good burn going on.. if it seems low then i up my game!! It gives you an added push i think.
  • JABGoochie
    Options
    I missed w1 on Thursday so ii did w1 and w2 last night back to back - actually quite enjoyed it :)
    That is 1 and 2 done for me now - on to 3 and 4 next week. Oooo eer I'm a bit nervous! Is it much harder?
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I missed w1 on Thursday so ii did w1 and w2 last night back to back - actually quite enjoyed it :)
    That is 1 and 2 done for me now - on to 3 and 4 next week. Oooo eer I'm a bit nervous! Is it much harder?

Good on you for making up for lost time!

I think workouts 3&4 are a slight step up, nothing too major though, you'll smash it!
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Done with this one for the last (for now) time! I've been fighting a cold and have had the energy level of a sea slug, so I took an extra day off. Starting workout 3 tomorrow - woo hoo!

One thing I've especially noticed has improved is my ability to get from one exercise to the next easier. You wouldn't think going from floor to standing or back to front would be a big thing, but I don't feel like I'm flopping around on the floor anymore. It's pretty awesome, actually. :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Done with this one for the last (for now) time! I've been fighting a cold and have had the energy level of a sea slug, so I took an extra day off. Starting workout 3 tomorrow - woo hoo!

One thing I've especially noticed has improved is my ability to get from one exercise to the next easier. You wouldn't think going from floor to standing or back to front would be a big thing, but I don't feel like I'm flopping around on the floor anymore. It's pretty awesome, actually. :)

loving hearing about your new, fast transitions, that's brilliant progress..go you!

enjoy workout 3.. Those cable chest presses are brutal! :angry:
  • Roboartist
    Options
    I have to say I like this better than workout 1. I don't feel like I want to puke during this one. :)
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    did it this morning! i'm suprised most people like this one better I did not like it very much at least the begining but i will stick with it and i do feel it for sure!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    did it this morning! i'm suprised most people like this one better I did not like it very much at least the begining but i will stick with it and i do feel it for sure!

It's quite reassuring to know that each workout only needs to be done four times, then it's gone forever! It makes those one you hate just that little bit more bearable!

Well done for getting it done and committing to it!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I got plenty of doggie kisses while doing the Supermans, crunches and Donkey Kicks. :)