little goals

leesey03
leesey03 Posts: 15 Member
This week let's committee to one small change! I committee to stop eating by 8pm.

Replies

• I will do my best.
    :smile:
  • abreuluv
    abreuluv Posts: 9 Member
    I think this a great challenge! I've been telling myself to do this, but now I'll really try to commit to not eating after 8 pm.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    I was thinking this would be a great mini-goal for myself, too.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    sounds like a good goal for the week!
  • leesey03
    It is so hard to change. Today, I had to return some items and so the girls and I picked up McDonalds. I had a small fry and cheese burger. A total of 587. So it was kinda of an expensive lunch. I do not want to be on a super restricted diet. I just want to watch my calorie intake. I do not want to eat more than 1200 calories. My problem is that I eat too much. Even if I get weight watcher food, I eat 3 servings. I know that long term, the best thing I can do it push away the plate. Reduce calories and increase movement is the only way I will see long term weight loss and maintenance. My goal this week is not changing my food choices but not eating after 8pm. I am trying to keep that in mind. Too many changes will equal no change.
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    That sounds like a good one plus for me drinking more water.
  • marie2779
    marie2779 Posts: 38 Member
    Sounds like a good goal to me... I'm going to up my time to 7pm... We eat an early dinner and I go to bed really early (like 9!) so I usually start snacking around 7pm. I also need to increase my water intake.. I am a diet soda junkie (as I sit here drinking a diet mt dew- uggghh)

Good luck everyone! We can do this!!
  • hansea47
    Too many changes equals no change, is right! Just remember that the weight loss isn't going to happen overnight. Your little goals is a great idea! I started drinking more water several years ago as a little goal and now it's a real habit. I can tell when I'm not getting my H2O! After a while, eating after 8 pm won't feel *right* either. And then we can tackle portion control, etc. etc. Baby steps....:smile:
  • Unless you are eating a lot at night lots I have read says that that isn't true about eating late. I do still allow myself to eat later if I am hungry and have calories left for the day.

My mini goal for the week is to get back on track! I want to be under my calories for the week and I want to work out at least 4 times this week.
  • Today I got up and exercise for 30 mins got ready for work. I have eaten my meal before 8pm and I will finish the day with a tall glass of water. Tomorrow my goal is to either walk outside, go to the gym, or exercise at home. I have to do something.
  • my goal is to get some moving in after work no matter what if its cleaning or dancing with my daughter. too cold for outside high if 20 today here i believe but inside i can do stuff.
  • leesey03
    We are half way through the week! How is everyone doing on their mini-goals? I am doing great. I am working on what next week's goal will be.
  • hansea47
    I'm doing okay. I had a setback last night. I had a rough time getting the kids to bed (crabby little guy), and ate peanut butter cups after 8 pm. As I was doing it, I thought, 'You're not hungry. You're just doing this to release some stress.' But...I ate them anyway. Argh! I did stop before eating myself silly, anyway. I know if I start with *just one little snack* at night, I won't stop most of the time. Recommitted tonight, though!
  • trying to remain focus!!
  • leeann1980
    leeann1980 Posts: 3 Member
    that's a great and realistic goal!!