Welcome!!

Options
Welcome to the group everyone!! I invited as many friends that I could remember that were interested in doing this with me. If you have any more on your friends list, feel free to invite them! I am getting excited to do this! :D
Please feel free to introduce yourself here! <3

Replies

• AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get rolling !
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Weird I think I accidentally made 2 groups somehow lol...is it showing up that way for you guys??
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes. The other group has no exclamation point at the end of its title. Got it now :D Woooohooo!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yes it shows up! Haha! Thanks for planning/ organizing it though!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Here we are...back at it. I can't wait to get back to my normal Paleo diet. These last few weeks have been ugly. I checked my weight and I'm up about 8 lbs. Some of it is probably water weight but some of it isn't. I've never actually successfully completed a Whole30 challenge but this time, I have no excuses. I've been Paleo now for almost a whole year and I know the routine, and amongst many people I already know.

For those I don't know, my name is Yvette and I am a cavewoman. I follow Paleo principles almost down to a tee including the use of natural beauty products, home cleaners, yoga, strength training, and clean eating including no gmo's. I'm currently working on my sleep as of right now. I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (hypothyroidism) and so I should try to avoid raw goitrogenic foods and nightshades (even though I love them). Paleo, as we all know, offers the best dietary choices for people with autoimmune disorders like mine. My diary is open for the world to see. Feel free to friend me. :)

I should note that although I follow Paleo, I haven't been following it for the past two weeks. I've gotten off track and feel lousy. As a result, I don't have any recent diary entries but that changes today :)
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Weird I think I accidentally made 2 groups somehow lol...is it showing up that way for you guys??

You didn't create two, I had already created one!! You're seeing mine. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10353-whole30-january-2013

Both or either are good I'm sure. The more the merrier!
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yay! It will be a good recovery period after the evils I will be drinking on New Year's Eve :drinker:
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yayy!! I am in both groups, yes, the more the merrier :)

I stayed Whole30 compliant today. This period between now and January is my bonus Whole30 time. I plan to go all of January too.

I am also ready to get back on track. I feel awful lately. Last night I was obsessed with this fudge that my mom gave me. It was soooo sweet and chocolatey. I didn't want my bf to see me eating it because I had told him what I am doing, so I actually snuck 2 pieces :0

My friend gave me intense dark chocolate bars for Xmas and I'm keeping those for after, but it's calling my name now.

I was so hungry today because of my awful transgressions over the holidays. I guess it's good to have a few days leading into January. No carb flu today, hope it doesn't make an appearance.
  • countrygirlsheart
    Options
    Hi! I did my first Whole30 in September/October of this year and actually did 34 days compliant and felt fantastic! I wasn't really sure where to go with myself after that (food budget didn't help...) and fell off the wagon. So, I am wanting to get back on board and do this again in January and spend a little more time figuring out where to go from here. Looking forward to the support. Thanks!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for January! I took the whole first week off to sorta detox if necessary. I've eaten some crap lately (2 chocolate chip cookies after a spaghetti dinner last night gahhh). I'm easing back into primal already, but still think I might get a little carb flu.

My last whole30 in Oct was pretty successful I'd say, but this time I downloaded It Starts With Food on my nook, so I'll be reading that over the next couple days. Its very entertaining and informative so far
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Omg Cerebrus how could I forget about you??? My apologies!!! WOW 22 members guys??! I am so excited!! This will be so much easier and more enjoyable with all of you wonderful people.

My name is Lindsey btw, for those that don't know me....feel free to add me if you'd like. :D
  • lindzmt22
    Options

You didn't create two, I had already created one!! You're seeing mine. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10353-whole30-january-2013

Both or either are good I'm sure. The more the merrier!

Oh wow I searched for one but didn't find one so I made one!! We must have made them at the same time. :P I accidentally created a duplicate group but put DELETE in front of it so hopefully they will get rid of it soon lol.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm in for my third Whole30, but I think I've determined I'm going for a Whole60 this time.
  • countrygirlsheart
    Options
    I am on board with you about doing it as a Whole60 this time too - I need to get my sugar dragon "slayed" :-)
  • brayjr
    brayjr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in. Started my first whole30 28 Dec. Looking forward to the support group here! Going good so far. I am craving sugar though, working my way through it.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cristi. I have been on The Specific Carbohydrate Diet for the past 6 months. (Which is basically paleo). Fallen off the wagon for the past week. Really paying for it. Rash, stomach problems, digestion issues etc... Looking forward to getting back at on the 2nd. I have Hashimoto's as well so I'm working around that as well.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • JulieGE2006
    JulieGE2006 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there ~ I am Julie. Been gluten free for about 3 weeks and feel great. I have been thinking about the Whole30 for about 3 months, but just could not get the nerve up and do not understand why no grains or beans or dairy. Still don't understand but will very soon. I ordered the book, "It starts with food". Hoping it arrives soon. I think my sugar addiction will be the hardest to break. Any advise is welcome. I am excited to get started! Good luck to everyone.
  • carolyns_belly
    carolyns_belly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I 'm Carolyn. I'm really interested (but nervous!) to do my first Whole30. I'm pretty much crawling out of a 8 month unhealthy dip (eating and falling off the exercise wagon). After being a vegan for health reasons, I've been adding fish and now eggs into the mix, so I am curious where this will go. I am most looking forwarding to deleting sugar from my diet again. I am so glad to see this group is here!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I'm denise and i'm joining the group but i'm not ready to start yet...have the book it starts with food from the library and i'm reading it and making a plan...i really want to give whole 30 a try but when i started my journey to lose weight and get to a healthier me in jan 2008 i promised myself i wouldnt do what i had done soooo many times in the past - be on a "diet" where i limit myself so much that i fail and then when i fail i just quit altogether...i had lost a much as 82lbs so far (currently sitting at about 71lbs lost) and maybe with the up and down of these 5 and then 10 lbs i need to do something to "jumpstart" my drive to LOSE....anyway, i'm here and i'm getting educated and orgainzed - that's the only way i can do anything successfully.....so bear with me while i get my sh#t together.....i'll be lurking around getting ideas for a bit before i commit to start....

thanks,
    Denise
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    hi all! I'm Cass and I've done two Whole30's before. This month I'm doing a slightly relaxed one as I try to achieve balance in 2013. I look forward to supporting everyone and getting my body ready for babies this year!