So this is where you all are!!

Options
Ayla70
Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
I'm not sure how I found this 'group', but I am so glad I did...FINALLY people who I can relate to!

Hello Aussies!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi Ayla! Yes we are around. What part of the country are you from?
  • rkennedy54
    Options
    I'm from Perth WA.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi ya, brisbane here :)
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    Adelaide Here
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm from Adelaide also
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    wow, me too. Three Adelaidians in a row!
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im from country Victoria - feel free to add me.

Cheers, Lyndall :smile:
  • Hynes13
    Hynes13 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    And I'm another Adelaide person!
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    And another from Adelaide S.A. (well actually just a little bit out of Adelaide)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    country vic here too.
  • Ayla70
    Options
    I'm 4 hours north of Brissy...but I lived 3 years in Adelaide. I loved it down there, especially the dry heat. I hate this humidity up here.

I'm really pleased to find a bunch of Aussies who will have local info for me. Awesome :)
  • chatswithpets
    chatswithpets Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another from Adelaide, although I'm originally from Victoria (please don't hate me!) ;)
  • chatswithpets
    Options
    Another from Adelaide, although I'm originally from Victoria (please don't hate me!) ;)
  • Ayla70
    Options

There's a real rivalry between Vic's and SA's aye lol. I remember watching a beer ad when I lived in Adelaide, that totally took the piss out of Victoria.
  • romeo9188
    romeo9188 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sydney here
  • chatswithpets
    Options

There's a real rivalry between Vic's and SA's aye lol. I remember watching a beer ad when I lived in Adelaide, that totally took the piss out of Victoria.

Yes, there is. And I'm not exactly sure why. Cept that I keep hearing about when Victoria 'stole' the Grand Prix.

I learnt quickly that if anyone asks you what footy team you support a very good stock answer was, "Anyone but Collingwood". (Sorry Collingwood supporters!! but you do what you have to to survive SA Footy Fanatics). [btw...don't actually follow footy!].

I've been here for 12 years now, it's changed a lot and there is a bit less of the 'kick a Vic' attitude. When I first moved here I had people that would actually refuse to speak to me!!! TRUE!! I thought it was funny more than offensive. But then I DID grow up in the Latrobe Valley, so was well used to that kind of attitude. Some parts of Latrobe are...ummm...a little competitive with each other. ;o)
  • dukanukem
    Options
    From Perth here, we have rivalry with everyone lol
  • Ayla70
    Options

Yes, there is. And I'm not exactly sure why. Cept that I keep hearing about when Victoria 'stole' the Grand Prix.

I learnt quickly that if anyone asks you what footy team you support a very good stock answer was, "Anyone but Collingwood". (Sorry Collingwood supporters!! but you do what you have to to survive SA Footy Fanatics). [btw...don't actually follow footy!].

I've been here for 12 years now, it's changed a lot and there is a bit less of the 'kick a Vic' attitude. When I first moved here I had people that would actually refuse to speak to me!!! TRUE!! I thought it was funny more than offensive. But then I DID grow up in the Latrobe Valley, so was well used to that kind of attitude. Some parts of Latrobe are...ummm...a little competitive with each other. ;o)

Ohhh I remember absolutely everybody hated the Pies, and the intense rivalry between Crows and Port supporters was insane. I mean why would ANYONE go for Port Adelaide? Their own fans never even went to their matches :wink:

12 years is a long time to live in Adelaide...unless you're up in the hills, or near one of the beaches :)
  • Ayla70
    Options
    From Perth here, we have rivalry with everyone lol

Perth is amazing. Each suburb seems to represent the different capital cities of other states. And the river is beautiful, as is the Botanic Gardens :)
  • dukanukem
    Options
    Yes it is a great place to live when it's not sizzling at 42 degrees, the only downside - we don't get alot of NRL over here!!
    Go the Broncos