2013: Here we come!

Options
FuzzieJelly
FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
Be a part of this group.....it does not matter how much you want to lose...or even the month you join....we need each other to support and encourage....it will begin Jan 1

Replies

• babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I am SO ready to get back on track!! I've put together my hubby and I's savings budget to try and get ourselves a house this year, and with that will come eating better, as there is not a lot of wiggle room for junk food in said budget!

We're both very excited about 2012 being about doing things for US - getting healthy, getting our dream house, generally doing whatever makes us happy!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!!
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    I am SO ready to get back on track!! I've put together my hubby and I's savings budget to try and get ourselves a house this year, and with that will come eating better, as there is not a lot of wiggle room for junk food in said budget!

We're both very excited about 2012 being about doing things for US - getting healthy, getting our dream house, generally doing whatever makes us happy!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!!

ditto back to ya!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I'm hoping to lose 1.5 pounds a week, but will be happy with a loss of 50 pounds in 2013!
  • legomom40
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Judy and I am in my 7th year teaching middle school English in Connecticut. I am 51 and this is a second career for me. :) I have struggled with my weight most of my life, and seriously need to make some positive changes in my life. This time around, it is not so much about appearance, but more so about health. I have high blood pressure, my cholesterol and blood sugars are borderline high, and I have sleep apnea. While I definitely have more to lose, my goal is to lose 52 lbs this year... 1 pound at a time, one week at a time. I need to change my eating habits and get moving. I also need to stop binge snacking at night, my worst time of the day. I want to set a positive example for my own children, my two year old granddaughter, and my students. Looking forward to 2013 and hope we can do this together!
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im sarah and i think this group is great really looking forward to losing the pounds bring on 2013
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Judy and I am in my 7th year teaching middle school English in Connecticut. I am 51 and this is a second career for me. :) I have struggled with my weight most of my life, and seriously need to make some positive changes in my life. This time around, it is not so much about appearance, but more so about health. I have high blood pressure, my cholesterol and blood sugars are borderline high, and I have sleep apnea. While I definitely have more to lose, my goal is to lose 52 lbs this year... 1 pound at a time, one week at a time. I need to change my eating habits and get moving. I also need to stop binge snacking at night, my worst time of the day. I want to set a positive example for my own children, my two year old granddaughter, and my students. Looking forward to 2013 and hope we can do this together!

Good on you for wanting to improve your health! I've also got more than 52 left to lose (I think I've got about 66 to go) but slow and steady, and I think looking at it this way makes it seem more manageable ("Hey, one pound a week, that's not much at all!") than looking at it going "Ugh I've got x amount to lose altogether, that's so much"

I'm trying to get my husband back into the swing of getting healthy too, I'm lucky enough that I don't have any issues with high blood sugar/pressure/cholesterol, but hubby has high BP and cholesterol, so needs to get it in check considering we're only in our mid 20s!

My main thing is that once I lose the weight that means 52+lb LESS weight putting pressure on my lower back (I carry ALL my weight in my mid-section, so it'll all be pressing on my crushed nerve etc) so hopefully that'll give me some relief!

Let's do this thing!!
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    I hope everyone is ready. 12 hours left of 2012. Tell your friends all about this challenge! I hope to have a very active group this time.

Melanie
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am ready!
    Where I live, there are still 26 hours left to 2012.
    But I'm ready to start now. :-)
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Already started! :)
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Where do we post our starting stats? I weigh in on Monday's so I have my starting info?
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    Monday is weigh in day
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for all of us!!!! So glad to know that I WILL be at my goal weight this time next year and that I will have all these fabolous people to share the excitement with me. I can't wait to get to know you all through this group and support eachother, something I have very little of at home since my twig husband can eat literally whatever he wants and not gain a pound. lol I love him though, he just doesnt understand how it is for people that cannot do that!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I'm Karen and live in Vermont. I actually joined MFP in October 2011. I even managed to lose about 5 LBS. Then, I went on a cruise and then the holidays hit and suddenly, I had all sorts of reasons to not stick with the idea of losing weight. I went right back to my old comfortable ways. Then, in April, I turned 49. Suddenly, I just woke up. I realized that I was turning 50 in a year and if I wanted to get my life back, now was the time. I "rejoined" MFP on April 15th and I haven't looked back! I will not lie; it hasn't always been easy but, I will say that once I made my mind up, it was much easier than it has been in the past. I have accepted that this is a lifestyle choice and not a diet. So, if I have bad days or make poor choices, they won't derail me; they will just be a momentary setback. I am now 20 LBS to goal. I have stopped(with doctor's knowledge) my blood pressure meds and my heartburn meds and my cholesterol is 156. I have every intention of reaching my goal by my birthday. Friend me if you would like! I have to say, though, that due to my work schedule, I can only weigh in on Saturdays. I work from 4:00 AM to 12:30 PM Monday through Friday. Because I get up at 2:30 in the morning, weighing myself at that time would be unrealistic. I hope that won't be a problem.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Kim and I've been on MFP for about a year and a half. I've struggled with some weight loss slowing the last few months and have been using mcjdmom's walking challenges to keep me moving. I lost 70 pounds before Christmas nad gained 5.4 of it back over the last two weeks. YIKES!!!!

Looking to reach a mini goal of 199.9 by Valentine's Day and looking to be close to 178.8 by May 19th.

I work and go to school full time. I have 5 boy and 1 step-daughter. Life is busy, just like everyone else's. Hopefully I can lose 52 pounds this year. That would put me within 35 pounds of my maintenance weight!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone~
    I'm Robin and I like to eat :)
    But on a serious note I joined MFP last May- lost about 20 pounds over the last 7 months- but need to get serious again. After moving houses and a holiday in England for Christmas~ it's time to do this for me! I would love to lose 52 pounds!
    Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Yolanda