Introduction Time

Options
Momwasix
Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
Hi guys I'm momwasix 5"6 Starting weight 255 cw 194.5 34 years old.My goal is to reach 170. I believe everything must have balance in order to work. My favorite quote is If you fail to plan you plan to fail.

Replies

• Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm Nicky a mother of 3 with 2 grands. Age 42 and currently at 240 trying to get down to 150. I used to be on Weight Watchers and would love to try and get the points plan back in place to loose the weight and keep it off. Looking forward to getting some great information from this group and meeting new people
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Hello, i'm Nicky a mother of 3 with 2 grands. Age 42 and currently at 240 trying to get down to 150. I used to be on Weight Watchers and would love to try and get the points plan back in place to loose the weight and keep it off. Looking forward to getting some great information from this group and meeting new people

Thats awesome pal I'm glad to here that.I feel you.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am Ras_py! Mother of two (6&8).. I am doing the old WW program. I my start weight was 180 and my current weight is 170. I am trying to get down to 130, and if i can do that, or WHEN i do that then my new goal will be 125. I enjoy doing running.. have run 1/2 marathons, a slew of 10M races and recently did my first 5K with my 8yr old daughter! I also do kettlebells for strength training. I hope to meet new friends here as well!! Anybody can feel free to add (please put you are in the same WW group) I am finding that others can be critical of my diary if they dont understand i am doing WW and WW friendly people would be appreciated.

=)
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Hey pals don't be shy introduced yourself.
  • amberannlewis
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined MFP. Have been doing the old weight watchers plan for about 4 months. Was 168 when I started and am 148 today. My goal is to get to 139. I'm 33 and have 2 daughters. These last pounds are the most difficult for me. But now my clothes are a little too big, but not too big to completely get rid of, so I need to just lose these last 9 lbs so I can go shopping.
  • Acousticats
    Options
    Hi All!

I've been a member on MFP for a couple months and I have been tracking WW points for the last two weeks and have lost 4 pounds so far:smile:.I have tried a few times over the last few years to stay with the old WW plan and am hopeful that I am now in the right place in life to be dedicated and enthusiastic about my fitness journey. When I started counting two weeks ago I also decided I needed to put my gym membership to use and stop paying for something I wasn't using. So I've been trying to make it to the gym 4 days a week for 40 minutes of cardio to kick up my weight loss.

I am 24, not married and do not have any kids so I really have no excuse to not take better care of myself :blushing: ! I put on over 40 pounds during college, very slowly so I didn't really notice that I had gotten so uncomfortable in my own skin. I also have a lot of lower body strength (and weight!) so my stomach has never been an area that I noticed obvious weight gain. Over the last two years I've managed to keep my weight around 175 and I feel OK about it, but I'd like to gain more energy and relieve some health problems I think are linked to poor diet and lack of exercise. Mostly, I just want to be proud of who I am and the control I have over my life instead of letting food control me and how I feel about myself.

I am not an active WW member, I have my old material and points calculator from the plan pre-PointsPlus and am using this to track on my own (and inconjunction to the calorie calculator on MFP).

Highest Weight: 189
    Starting Weight: 175
    Current Weight: 171
    Goal Weight: 145

Looking forward to the support from my fellow MFPs to finally commit to a healthier lifestyle!
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Hi All!

I've been a member on MFP for a couple months and I have been tracking WW points for the last two weeks and have lost 4 pounds so far:smile:.I have tried a few times over the last few years to stay with the old WW plan and am hopeful that I am now in the right place in life to be dedicated and enthusiastic about my fitness journey. When I started counting two weeks ago I also decided I needed to put my gym membership to use and stop paying for something I wasn't using. So I've been trying to make it to the gym 4 days a week for 40 minutes of cardio to kick up my weight loss.

I am 24, not married and do not have any kids so I really have no excuse to not take better care of myself :blushing: ! I put on over 40 pounds during college, very slowly so I didn't really notice that I had gotten so uncomfortable in my own skin. I also have a lot of lower body strength (and weight!) so my stomach has never been an area that I noticed obvious weight gain. Over the last two years I've managed to keep my weight around 175 and I feel OK about it, but I'd like to gain more energy and relieve some health problems I think are linked to poor diet and lack of exercise. Mostly, I just want to be proud of who I am and the control I have over my life instead of letting food control me and how I feel about myself.

I am not an active WW member, I have my old material and points calculator from the plan pre-PointsPlus and am using this to track on my own (and inconjunction to the calorie calculator on MFP).

Looking forward to the support from my fellow MFPs to finally commit to a healthier lifestyle!

Hi pal yes we are here for you to help encourage and support each other.Any questions you have let us know.
  • Ras_py
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined MFP. Have been doing the old weight watchers plan for about 4 months. Was 168 when I started and am 148 today. My goal is to get to 139. I'm 33 and have 2 daughters. These last pounds are the most difficult for me. But now my clothes are a little too big, but not too big to completely get rid of, so I need to just lose these last 9 lbs so I can go shopping.

Welcome! You are so close to your goal that is awesome!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Marcy,a RN. I'm currently in school trying to attain my BSN, should be done next may. I know first hand the dangers of not taking care of one's self. i want to be an example to my patients and workers.I tried the point system b4 maybe i didn't fully understood it but i guess i will give it another try
  • Ras_py
    Options
    Hi All!

Awesome!! Thats great you can do it!
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Marcy,a RN. I'm currently in school trying to attain my BSN, should be done next may. I know first hand the dangers of not taking care of one's self. i want to be an example to my patients and workers.I tried the point system b4 maybe i didn't fully understood it but i guess i will give it another try

If you have any question me and ras _py are here to help you don't give up were just a inbox away.
  • tnpmonaco1
    tnpmonaco1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Catrina. I am 30 years old, mother of 3 boys- 12, 11, and 6. I did weight watchers a couple of years ago and lost 30 lbs. I am going to try that system again because it worked so well for me. Points plus has not been good for me for some reason! I have a desk job and I have become quite lazy over the past year or so. My goal is to up my exercise and get back in shape. I am 5'5 and my ultimate goal is to be 130-135. Slow and steady of course :)
    Highest weight this time: 157
    Current weight: 156
    ultimate goal: 135
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Catrina. I am 30 years old, mother of 3 boys- 12, 11, and 6. I did weight watchers a couple of years ago and lost 30 lbs. I am going to try that system again because it worked so well for me. Points plus has not been good for me for some reason! I have a desk job and I have become quite lazy over the past year or so. My goal is to up my exercise and get back in shape. I am 5'5 and my ultimate goal is to be 130-135. Slow and steady of course :)
    Highest weight this time: 157
    Current weight: 156
    ultimate goal: 135

Thats awesome that you are taking steps to take care of yourself. I'm A mom of six and i know first hand how you can get so caught up in everyday life that you forget about yourself. Just go to the old points thread and start from there then go to what to do next everything is laid out for you.
  • KristinaW506
    KristinaW506 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My name is Kristina. When I did WW back in 2009 my SW was 225 and I made it down to 175. Over the next 3 years I put on a few pounds because I never really stuck to the program. This time around is a whole different story I am 100% committed and it feels great! My SW in mid-October was 198.3 and I am down to 183.7! My weight in is this evening so maybe even less. It is truly a lifestyle change for me this time around. My goal weight right now is 148 which is 50lbs from my starting weight I will reevaluate along the way since I've never been anywhere near there in my adult life :) Glad to have found fellow WW here! I track and am involved on the WW community page I usually use MFP for the food data base and I find the board to be pretty entertaining to read.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    My name is Kristina. When I did WW back in 2009 my SW was 225 and I made it down to 175. Over the next 3 years I put on a few pounds because I never really stuck to the program. This time around is a whole different story I am 100% committed and it feels great! My SW in mid-October was 198.3 and I am down to 183.7! My weight in is this evening so maybe even less. It is truly a lifestyle change for me this time around. My goal weight right now is 148 which is 50lbs from my starting weight I will reevaluate along the way since I've never been anywhere near there in my adult life :) Glad to have found fellow WW here! I track and am involved on the WW community page I usually use MFP for the food data base and I find the board to be pretty entertaining to read.

Yeah we have someone who has reach thier goal. See weight watchers does work. maybe you can share some tips on your success with it.
  • Ras_py
    Options
    Welcome! Let us know if you have questions =)
  • Ras_py
    Options

very entertaining isn't it? LOL
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am a Mother of 5 kids..I did weight watchers after my first 3 pregnancies and then my calculator broke and I couldn't do it anymore. I joined Sparkpeople.com and loved it and then my Sister started me on myfitnesspal and I so far find it to confusing so I decided after losing 37 pounds since March and not really losing what I want and working my butt off, I would look for a calculator on my Droid and today I found what I wanted and now I am doing it again. I lost 125 pounds my first pregnancy, 120 pounds my second, and 78 pounds and gained off and on with after my Twin pregnancy, that is when the calculator broke and I got pregnant at 218 pounds and now that I had a baby in March and he is my last I want to get the weight off for good. I am turning 30 in March and I really want to lose at least closer to 200 by then, I am 226 on a good day.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I just started WW on Dec 15th. I started at 210.6lbs. Today was my weigh in day and I'm down to 205.4lbs. I'm a very busy mom of 3 and my hubby travels on/off for his job. I have a home daycare with 12 kids and work part time managing 17income base apartments. My goal is 160lbs but don't have a certain time I want it to happen.mim worried about it coming off slowly so it's a healthy way to lose weight. I'm rue my first week lose was due to a change in my eating habits for the good. Looking forward to the upcoming year. I'm getting ready for a race in January (39.2 miles) and then I have surgery 10 days later. It's going to be a tough start to 2013 but I'm ready for it!
    Robin
  • jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a 30 yr old nursing student. I started weight watchers in 01/17/2012 and lost 30 pounds. I quit weight watchers in May. I gained and regained the same 5 pounds until the end of november (thats when i joined weight watchers again). I am down 7 pounds.

My starting weight was 282, current weight is 250 (it was 247 but then christmas happened), my goal weight is undecided (prob about 175).

My reason for losing weight is i want to be healthy. I have prediabetes and borderline hypertension. I want to get rid of these before i start having kids.

I am following the points plus 360.