Hybrid workouts query

Options
Hey there !

Regarding hybrid workouts, do you plan your own and tailor them to suit your own needs where you mix different programs? Or do you follow a specific program that has been created by Beachbody e.g. Insanity/P90x ? Do you then do both workout programs a day e.g. a session of Insanity and P90X or do you do one workout the one day and another workout the next day? Have you made your own hybrid program alternating between different programs?

Thanks for your input ! Enjoy the rest of your day/night wherever you are!

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of hybrid programs on the Beachbody site, and a lot of people are doing them. Personally, I prefer to stick with the programs as designed. I'm not sure I could improve on the results P90X is giving me....I'm well into my second round. The way I look at it, the programs have proven themselves very effective.....why mess with something that's known to work? Most people use these programs because they've been unable to design an effective program themselves.....now suddenly they think they can do better than the experts in creating something that works? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    @Moran

Thanks for the link!

@jfanent

Thanks for the thoughts.

I'd love to know more about this topic. :smile:

I googled Beachbody hybrid programs and here is a list:
    http://soreyfitness.com/beachbody-hybrid-workouts/
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X 4 times, and after the 2nd or 3rd round, just wanted some variety...I think that is why the Hybrids are good - if I don't have variety I get bored easily :) I did use the hybrid schedule from Beach Body...just so I didn't have to design one myself.
    good luck!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    I've done P90X 4 times, and after the 2nd or 3rd round, just wanted some variety...I think that is why the Hybrids are good - if I don't have variety I get bored easily :) I did use the hybrid schedule from Beach Body...just so I didn't have to design one myself.
    good luck!

Ditto on getting bored ! You can work on your mindset.... but, sometimes you just need to change things up. you've done P90X 4 TIMES?! WOW! Inspiration right there.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had a knee issue when I got into month 2 Plyo of Insanity. After taking some time off to recoup, I was told it might not be a good idea to do 6 days a week of Insanity. So, I got les Mills Pump and created my own hybrid schedule. LMP is only 3 days of Pump and the other three days are yoga or "walking" with 1 day of rest on their calendar. So, I followed the LMP calendar and then on the yoga/walk days, I inserted Insanity routines. LMP is a 3 month regime, so I stretched month 1 Insanity to 1.5 months and did the same for Month 2 so the everything would work out to finish at the same time. (No recovery week in my schedule) I have others following my schedule and they seem to tlike it.. It's fairly simple to make your own hybrid, if you have the calendars of the original progams and then just merge them together how you see fit with a rest day for each week.
    I know I guy that has made a triple decker hybrid and I've asked to see his schedule so I can see what he does. But, mine is just one routine a day, each program done 3 days a week.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    I had a knee issue when I got into month 2 Plyo of Insanity. After taking some time off to recoup, I was told it might not be a good idea to do 6 days a week of Insanity. So, I got les Mills Pump and created my own hybrid schedule. LMP is only 3 days of Pump and the other three days are yoga or "walking" with 1 day of rest on their calendar. So, I followed the LMP calendar and then on the yoga/walk days, I inserted Insanity routines. LMP is a 3 month regime, so I stretched month 1 Insanity to 1.5 months and did the same for Month 2 so the everything would work out to finish at the same time. (No recovery week in my schedule) I have others following my schedule and they seem to tlike it.. It's fairly simple to make your own hybrid, if you have the calendars of the original progams and then just merge them together how you see fit with a rest day for each week.
    I know I guy that has made a triple decker hybrid and I've asked to see his schedule so I can see what he does. But, mine is just one routine a day, each program done 3 days a week.

Another program that I want to get!
  • dalehall64
    Options
    They are both awesome programs.. Adding "Les Mills: Combat" to my library tomorrow after the mail is delivered.. :)
  • emily_bird
    Options
    They are both awesome programs.. Adding "Les Mills: Combat" to my library tomorrow after the mail is delivered.. :)

I've been wanting to fo that one for months! I'd love to know how you find it.
  • dalehall64
    Options

I've been wanting to fo that one for months! I'd love to know how you find it.

I just started week #3 of Combat.. It is freakin' awesome!!! Thank goodness I've done Insanity. It's prepared me for this.. This is, to me, the TOP program put out there!! I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this program!!! Also, if you get it, go ahead and get the "Ultimate" package. Everyone that got the basic package is now going back to order the other workouts that don't come with the basic.. They add a lot to the schedule..
  • pennypistol
    pennypistol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'M STARTING p90x / insanity hybrid today ! I ddin't create the program myself but I'm following a schedule. I noticed it has the Insanity ABS instead of ab rip x. any certain reason ? is one more effective ?
  • dalehall64
    Options
    I'M STARTING p90x / insanity hybrid today ! I ddin't create the program myself but I'm following a schedule. I noticed it has the Insanity ABS instead of ab rip x. any certain reason ? is one more effective ?

Personally, Ab ripper X was a lot harder on me than Insanity's ab routine was.. Maybe do X one time and Insanity Abs the next and swap it out each time to keep it fresh..