Insanity - 27/12/12

Options
Shoogle83
Shoogle83 Posts: 22 Member
Hello all,

I have just restarted Insanity on Thursday 27th December, I didn't want it to be a New Years thing so have made a point of getting going before Hogmanay!

Tracing my calories burned with a heart rate monitor I got for Christmas, only just realising how much of a burn you get in such a short space of time.
I find that helps with motivation.

Replies

• abreuluv
    abreuluv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity 3 days ago. Today I completed the Cardio Recovery DVD, first time using a HR/calorie monitor. It said I burned 328 calories in 33 minutes? Seemed a bit high since the DVD was pretty simple. I can hardly wait to see what my calories burned will be when I complete the other workouts with my HR monitor.
  • Shoogle83
    Options
    I have cardio recovery to do today, will have my monitor on so will let you know what reading I get.

I got over 700 cals burned for both plyo cardio and power & resistance, like you I thought this might be reading high but I am going with it for now as I don't have anything to compare it with. Also its very satisfying when you see a big calorie burn!

Are you following the program as per the calendar?
  • abreuluv
    abreuluv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started on an off day, not a Monday because I wanted to hurry up and start the program. So far I really like it. I have read some men burn up to 1000 calories during an Insanity workout. I was just wondering if my reading was a bit high since I'm female and only 5'3". Seeing that I burned so much is really motivating. That's a big reason I also do 20-30 minutes on my elliptical after an insanity workout.
  • Shoogle83
    Options
    I prefer to start on a Thursday as I generally have more time to get a workout done at the weekends, and I often do overtime after work.
    I did my first round of insanity in summer 2011 and as long as you push yourself you will see results.