Hpetrie
Hpetrie Posts: 21 Member
Tell us about yourself and your family!

Replies

• shushy70
    shushy70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    great group idea !
    My family really looks up to me , so the buck stops here ! it consists of me 42 year old , I work full time in sales on a commission basis , it can be stressful . My spouse , works shift work full time and is trying to get a degree in computor networking , we are constantly on the run trying to keep up with the kids , house and our relationship .
    My 14 year old daughter has the least weight to lose , but she does need to tone and get in shape , she has bad habits and is not active enough .
    My 11 year old son has at least 25 pounds to lose , he is also not active and it is a big struggle to get him going .
    I have at least 80 pounds to drop and honestly , probably more like a 100 to get to where I really want to be , hubby needs to drop a good 40 pounds .
    I feel like all of it is on my shoulders and will be very happy to have the support and ideas to motivate my family .
  • Hpetrie
    Options
    Hello, my name is Heidi. I'm a 31 year old mother of three. My oldest is 12 and my youngest is 5. I have been married to the love of my life for 13 years. I have been a licensed cosmetologist for 14 years, and have owned my own salon/spa for 6 years. Life is pretty darn good; in fact, so good, that I have become VERY comfortable, and packed on about 100 extra pounds! YIKES! I know that if I don't change my habits, then my children will learn from me, and the vicious cycle will continue. I want to teach them to enjoy eating food in a healthy way. How to enjoy cooking food in a healthy way. And how to enjoy life in a healthy way. I don't want to feel like my weight is taking away from my family anymore. I want to go hiking, fishing, swimming, sledding, and camping with them. I realize that I sound like I'm trying to lose my weight for them, but truly, its for me. I'm ready to be comfortable in my clothes again, and to like shopping again. I'm ready to get into family pictures again, and not run screaming when the camera comes out. I feel with a positive attitude from everyone, we can help each other reach our goals! Good luck everyone, and here's to a happy, healthy, and positive NEW YEAR!!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello! My husband and I are 43 and have three children, a boy and two girls. The youngest turns 13 this month, so I'll have three teenagers! While the kids are doing pretty well, healthwise, DH and I have packed on some extra weight over the years, about 60 pounds for him and 70-80 pounds for me. I'd like to improve our eating, and try and be more active personally and also as a family.
  • gammadyno
    gammadyno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! This is the first time I've made a weight loss/exersize resolution. I reach the big 5-0 in April, and have definitely lost some flexibility and gained weight.

Our small family ( husband - YMCA coach and son- 16 yr old /inactive/overweight) challenged each other to "Get Fit in 2013". We committed to healthier eating ( I can help with meal planning) and exercising together to reach our goals. We all registered for accounts and will use the myfitness pal app to monitor our progress.

Good Luck to all !
  • rkennedy234
    Options
    Hi. My name is Becca and I am 31 with four boys and a husband. My oldest is 10 and my youngest is 2 1/2. I have wanted to lose weight for some time now and learn to lead a healthy lifestyle but I just can't seem to stay motivated. Here's hoping this time will be different. I'm ready to be able to play with my boys and not be afraid of the camera. I'm ready to be able to take a walk and not be winded. I guess I am ready to be healthy.
  • Hpetrie
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Together, with our families, we will do this!
  • rellim218
    rellim218 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a married 43 year old mother of two kids ages 15 and 12. We too are very busy and have kids doing a variety of sports and after school activities that keep them active. But as all of you we are also trying to juggle busy schedules, work and finding work, and making time for exercise as a family has become almost it's own full time job. Looking forward to some support and ideas and encouragement on those days that ya just don't feel like exercising or eating right.
  • teach722
    teach722 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Diane, a happily married mom to an energetic 4 year old. I am 39 and would like to be healthy at 40. My son does not have a weight issue yet, but his eating choices are horrible. To get him to eat a vegetable other than peas is torture!

I would like to model healthy eating and living, and hope that he starts wanting to try different things. My husband is on board as well, which always helps.
  • Hpetrie
    Options
    Welcome! :)