How much do you work out in a day?

Options
RoxBim
RoxBim Posts: 9 Member
:smile: Hi - just wondering how much time does other working moms here spend working out? I feel like I can only do an hour and it's not enough.

Replies

• jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    30 or 40 minutes/ alternating days. I am doing the original power 90 6X a week. I am just starting though. Before last week, I didn't do any formal exercise at all.

I think an hour is great!
  • RoxBim
    Options
    Great!!! I just started...again. Hopefully, I see results in a month or so. Trying to get back on my pre pregnancy weight/body..baby girl is 8-months now.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I do 30-60 minutes six days a week. I don't worry an hour isn't enough. As long as I sweat, I'm happy!
  • RoxBim
    Options
    Wow! I want to be able to do that. It's hard for me to make time, I realized that its my work that can demand so much time during the week days then weekends I spend time with the family. I need to learn how to balance work life, home life and find time for myself.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow! I want to be able to do that. It's hard for me to make time, I realized that its my work that can demand so much time during the week days then weekends I spend time with the family. I need to learn how to balance work life, home life and find time for myself.

An hour a day is plenty. With proper nutrition, you will see results.

Remember, making time for yourself, even if only that one hour a day, will make you a better employee, mom, wife, daughter, etc. You are setting the example for your children. What is your hope for them?

Make your time to workout as a priority as brushing your teeth every day. It is non-negotiable. You wouldn't not feed yourself or your family.

If you are feeling some kind of guilt about spending that time to yourself, encorporate it into your family time. Encourage them to workout with you or at least stand to the side shouting encouraging chants to keep you moving. They can be your cheerleaders (chances are they are anyway)!
  • ajs03
    ajs03 Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow, you guys do way more than I do. I am lucky to get in 30 minutes a few times a week. Good luck to you all in the new year. :smile:
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I strive to work out in the gym for 45 minutes, 4 days a week. On the weekends, I look for ways to work in physical activity like jumping on the trampoline with my kids or playing the Wii.
  • triciafit99
    Options
    I work outside the home and have a toddler and a baby. Up until a couple months ago I exercised very little because I was just so busy. Lately, I have been managing to work out 30 minutes at least 2 times per week. At least once a week I go swimming on my lunch hour, I run on the treadmill after dinner or on weekends or I go to a zumba class on the way home from work. I do 5 minutes of weights 2-3 times a week before bed. A long time ago in a life far away I would go to the gym 4-5 hours per week. I think that if you can escape from the kids, family and bosses a few times a week to work out as a working mom you are doing fine.
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    An hour a day is great!! Especially if you mix it up! Like one day cardio, one day strength or yoga. etc.:happy:
  • Samak118
    Samak118 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking! I'm starting again just this week and I don't think I can fit in more than 30 mins a few days a week. And that's with an elliptical in the home!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    How do you find the time? I was getting up early & swimming, then the hubby's work schedule changed & he couldn't get the kids ready for school/off to the sitter's anymore. So I get them all going every morning, & make it to work. I manage to walk here & there on my lunch hour, IF I don't have errands, which is almost every day!

I'm hoping with soccer season over & ball season having 3 weeks left, there might be some time in the evenings, but I have a yard sale to get ready for this weekend. VBS is around the corner & I have 2 acres to mow & a garden to keep going! The hubby works 6 days a week, 9+ hours a day, so he's rather pooped when he gets home. (USPS carrier, he walks ALL day) So I'm finding time myself to get laundry, cleaning, etc...plus making ball practices/games. The older two help out quite a bit, with direction, and thankfully, my 4yr old daughter is showing signs of being a neat freak...well, in at least her room. But really? I'm lucky to be in bed by 10, & up by 6! And I'm exhausted!
  • aroarizona
    aroarizona Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I work right now Tues Thru Saturday 2pm to 10 pm. However I get up at 5:00 in the moring to get kids to school. I do all the errand running and cook dinner so hubby doesn't have to. I try to work out but seriously most of the time I am running errands. I however just joined a workout program through my kids martial arts class. Oye....Tough. I needed that group setting and place to go so I will be comitted. My goal is to make it to 3 times a week.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I work out 3X week. I'm on my feet 9+ hours a day & only workout on my days off. I do diet really well, which has helped
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    right now im doing the 30 day shred videos every morning (25 minutes) and either walking or using my elliptical every evening for 40 minutes. so an hour a day. saying that though, im off work at the moment. i got back in a week and a half and im going to try VERY hard to maintain this.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I try for about an hour a day. I've divorced so Tuesday evenings and Wednesday mornings, my son is with his dad, so I have some leeway (though I have an 8am meeting on Wednesdays and generally get to work by 7:15 those days).

My son is 11 1/2 (starts middle school tomorrow)...so I can actually get out for a walk in the early evenings while he's doing his reading. And, I do some HIIT type workouts in the morning just outside my front door (I'm in a townhouse). THe front door is open, so he knows that if the door is open and I'm not in my room, I working out!

This is a new thing over the past 6 months or so....
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    acckkkk....I have so fallen off the wagon. Moved across the country, different climate, different time zone, new job, seliing and buying houses. I am hoping to get an hour in 3 times a week and a 2 hour work out on the weekend. I also need to find new group and/or gym though that may be awhile due to expenses.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    right now my goal is 30 mins / 4 x week. I am trying to do more if/when I can (like up to 60 minutes or more). As I start to lose weight and things get "easier" I will try to make those 30 min workouts more intense! righ now I'm just focused on making the right choices...