Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WEEK ONE WEEKLY CHALLANGE

I hope no one will be offended if I post the first weekly challenge, thought we could go easy to start off so to get the ball rolling I propose that this weeks challenge be *drum roll*
to perform at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 out 7 days and post what exercise we did on this thread....sorta give others exercise ideas
what you all think??? If someone wants to do a different challenge then we can do it as well....its all good :bigsmile:

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 540 Member
    I hope no one will be offended if I post the first weekly challenge, thought we could go easy to start off so to get the ball rolling I propose that this weeks challenge be *drum roll*
    to perform at least 30 minutes of exercise 6 out 7 days and post what exercise we did on this thread....sorta give others exercise ideas
    what you all think??? If someone wants to do a different challenge then we can do it as well....its all good :bigsmile:
    please forgive the fact that I misspelled "challenge" in the topic heading of this thread....silly me :sad: :embarassed:
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Focusing on exercise is a great way to start the year. My main exercise will be walking. I am still in pt for my neck, so I am limited to very low impact exercise. I just figure any exercise is better than sitting around feeling like I can't do anything.
  • DterMined2012
    Focusing on exercise is a great way to start the year. My main exercise will be walking. I am still in pt for my neck, so I am limited to very low impact exercise. I just figure any exercise is better than sitting around feeling like I can't do anything.
    good attitude! I too am a walker....hubby got me the Nordic track x9i incline trainer for Christmas and I am so excited to get started on it :love:
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    I accept the challange. I started the other day doing a 15 minute beginner walking tape.... so I will do the tape once in the morning before work and once at night. Starting today. I am going to try to change my exercise weekly depending on how my strength and endurance builds.
  • Mondays-bike 15 min & circuit training 30 min
    Tuesday-walking & a variety of cardio exercises
    Wednesday-treadmill 15 min & circuit training 30 min
    Thursday- walking, weight & strength training
    Friday-FUN Zumba
    Saturday-walking
    Sunday-walking
  • I like your first week challenge. Yesterday I bought a wind suit - pant and jacket and got a small flash light, shoes and socks and a scarf set out to make going for a walk easier. I will be doing that this week too. And a hat and gloves. It's all in a tote to go in my trunk so I will have easy access and all my "walking" supplies.
    Walking is a great goal but I have to have everything broken down even further. Did I miss anything?---Oh and I got my music!!:smile:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Great idea:

Mon - Push-ups, Pike Push-ups and Chair Dips (day), Anusara Yoga 75 mins (eve)
    Tue - Inverted Rows, Chin-ups and Kettlebell Rows, Vinyasana Yoga 75mins
    Wed - Prisoner Squats, Bulgarian Squats and Bulgarian Single Leg Deadlifts, Anusara Yoga 75mins
    Thu - Swimming Pool (lunchtime), Push-ups, Pike Push-ups and chair Dips (day), Anusara Yoga 75 mins (eve)
    Fri - Inverted Rows, Chin-ups and Kettlebell Rows, Vinyasana Yoga 75mins
    Sat - Early morning swim followed by Anusara Yoga Class, Kettlebell routine 45 mins and Leg work as Wednesday (eve)
    Sun - Rest. Anusara Yoga 75 mins (eve)
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    I plan to do 30-45 mins 5x a week :) various stuff.... So off I go!
  • DterMined2012
    Well just finished 30 minutes on treadmill....know it's not much but it was more than I did yesterday :bigsmile:
  • pcandle88
    pcandle88 Posts: 2 Member
    I want to do 30 minutes on the treadmill 5 days a week
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    I have 60 minutes in on my glider and 35 minutes lifting weights today, so count me in!!
  • Paige200
    Paige200 Posts: 13 Member
    Spinning at least twice a week for 60 minutes
    Snowboarding one a week
    Weights full body circuit 3 times a week
    Mix of elliptical and treadmill on other days
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    I accept your challenge! I did 30 minutes on treadmill plus about 10 min of weights........
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    I got the two 15 minute walking videos done and took down all my Christmas decorations (lots of going up and down stairs) Double the exercise I did yesterday. I think breaking it up into two segments makes this do-able for me.
  • I'm gonna start off walking every night this week, just to get back into the swing of things. Then next week, I will try starting C25K. :D
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    I'm in! I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 4.5 mph with an estimated 350 calorie burn and 2.25 miles! That was difficult! I'm going to have to do a combo walk/run tomorrow.
  • cherll
    cherll Posts: 33 Member
    Count me in! I did a 30 min walk this morning and I hope to do another
    or ride my ex. bike for 30 mins. later on this evening.
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    This is a great idea. I am up for doing 30 minutes of something every day. Its a great way of getting back into doing regular exercise.
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Great idea! Today I did some heavy cleaning that had to count as cardio, lol! I also did thirty minutes of yoga and walked for 30 minutes.

Andrea
  • keeky03
    keeky03 Posts: 33 Member
    I have gotten a 45 minute walk on the treadmill accomplished today!