New to Group, Looking for encouraging Sistas!

Options
Hi All,
My name is Amy and Im 26 almost 27 in Feb. I have a young two year old son and currently am going through a divorce. My parents and family have been a huge support. I've always had a love/hate relationship with food and my body has shown it with going up and down in weight. I am now at my hugest and its humiliating 221 lbs,I've always been a litle thick but never like ths. I need to get it under control and get serious. I also work in a hospital and want to be a good role model for my patients. Please add me. I would love some encouragment. Also Happy Holidays!!
Amy

Replies

• Hello Amy and welcome! You've come to the right place for support: ) btw we are around the same weight. We can do this, we got this! Sending friend request.
  • Wakkomomo
    Wakkomomo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Amy,

I am in the same situation. I am looking for all the motivation I can get. I am currently in between 218 and 221 pounds and was 209 at one point. Trying to move past this 10 pounds so I can get to my goal weight of 180. I will send you a friend request let's do this!!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies! I have 56 more pounds to lose! I have lost 91 since starting MFp I am currently 206! Feel free to add me!
  • Malcah1
    Malcah1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy...hang in there, together we can do this. I admire you wanting to be a good example to your patients...sent friend request
  • psibaby
    psibaby Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Instead of starting a new thread with the same topic, I am just going to reply to this one. I am new to MFP and I love it so far. Day 1 is almost over and I have calories to spare.
    My short term goal is to lose 30 pounds in 6 months. That's 5 pounds a month, does that sound manageable? I can use a lot of encouragement and motivation and have a lot to give. Please add me as a friend and give me a nudge if you don't see me for a few days.

Thanks!
    Keep pressing on ladies :)
  • IAMDARLINGNIKKI
    Options
    Hello ladies... New to group as well feel free to add. We all have one thing in common is to live a healthier life