Motivation

Options
What's motivating you to lose weight, be honest? Can be as many things as you want to list, can be simple things or even vain.

Replies

• easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Health!
    I am borderline hypertensive and also suffer from pseudotumor cerebri. If I could lose weight, I can possibly get off meds for pseudotumor which would be GREAT seeing how I have no insurance and self pay is killing me for appt's and meds.

Fat photos!
    I do NOT see how fat I am in the mirror. I don't see it, but as soon as a picture is tagged of me on FB I am untagging as fast as I can and crying. WOW! I AM THAT BIG!!!! I want to not get a gut wrenching pit in my stomach when I see "_______ tagged a photo of you" in fear of how fat am I going to look?

I want to look good naked!!
    Yeah, I said it! I can't even look at myself, def won't let Richard see me after 9 years. Ive lost my sex drive and pretty sure it's due to me worrying if my shirt is coming up and if my belly is showing, or is my triple chin really noticeable in this position. Or the "Oh my god change position cause hes touching a roll". WHO can enjoy it with all of that going on in the brain?

Saggy butt problem!
    No I don't have a saggy butt, but in order to find pants that fit the waist, they come made with wide butts and thigh areas. I got tiny legs. I own no pants that fit me. I look like a can of biscuits that exploded cause my pants are small on me in waist in order to avoid saggy butt jean look.
  • loveya770
    Options
    Health: I'm pre-diabetic. I'm on metformin and would love to be able to stop taking it and quit worrying that i'm going to become fully diabetic.

Naked: I hate looking at myself naked. I also hate when my DH looks at me naked. While I know he says he thinks I'm hot... I feel that he is just telling me that to shut me up.

Clothes: I want to buy cute clothes. I hate shopping in the plus size section, especially because mass stores like Walmart apparently feels that plus size people want to wear flowers... Ummm I'm fat, not 90
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Clothes! It's either buy bigger pants or lose weight. And now that I'm teaching full-time I need a pretty extensive wardrobe - can't wear yoga pants all week like I did when I was a SAHM.

Pics. It's goes right to my face/neck when I gain weight. Gross!

March Break - we always go to a hockey tournament where I run into people (and my old boyfriend) from the 90s. I hate the idea of them seeing that I've let myself go. :(

And I want my DH to be proud of me when we go out.
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    I can't fit into most of my clothes right now and I really want to be able to go into my closet, pick out an outfit and not worry about feeling self conscious or try to "hide" those areas I want hidden. I've really picked up weight over the past 6 months and I'm just tired of it.

We belong to a private pool and the boys want to join swim team. If I'm going to be at the pool everyday, I want to feel good about being in a bathing suit, shorts, etc... I haven't confidently wore shorts in a very long time.

I have way more energy and a much better, positive outlook when I'm working out.

It keeps my depression/mood swings in check.
  • daniash19
    daniash19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Health : I am at high risk for type 2 diabetes. Getting rid of some of this weigth will help.

Activity: I have 3 very active boys to keep up with! I need to be fit so that I can participate with them.

Clothes: I want to shop at the cool stores. And wear some name brand clothes. not just plus sizes. I am almost a size 14 right now (down from an 18). But would love to see 12, 10 and maybe even an 8!

Pictures: I would love to comfortable having my picture taken. Not trying to tilt my head just right so my double chin does not show. Or suck in my gut or hide my thighs. I would love to just be me!

There are so many more reasons! But this is the top of the list.
  • oceanity
    oceanity Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mission baby girl.....skinnier pregnancy, healthier pregnancy.

To not have rolls of belly fat.

To look good naked and with clothes....I look at pictures and in the mirror and all I see is the fat girl from college and new mommy days.

Emotional health....when I run, I feel good!!!
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well health is a priority, I have sore joints, I hobble a bit because of it, and I want to live a long and healthy life for myself and my kids.

But, seriously I want to make my exes girlfriend look bad in compariosn, its petty but true! And I want to be hot, like really really hot, so I can feel confidant in the company of beautiful men like my favorite RT at work who I swoon over daily!! Lol.

But ya, its all about health ;)

Katie