The first challenge of 2013- December 30-January 5

Options
This challenge will be simple as far as what to do, but harder for those of us who may be celebrating for the new year.....

1. Work out (any type of work out for this week) for a minimum of 30 minutes a day!
2. Post your favorite type of work out on this thread (I will add your favorites over the next month)
3. Post your 2013 resolutions up for all of us to read on the 2013 Thread
4. Post your 2013 Goal Weight under the resolutions along with an estimated time to get there......
5. Drink at least 8 cups of water every day this week!

Replies

• VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Time to get back at it!

My ultimate Goal Weight for 2013 is 125.
    I'll be doing several of Jillian Michaels DVD's and a 20 minute Yoga routine by Denise Austin that I found on youtube on alternating days.
    No more junk food for me. I'll keep a few things around for the kids but nowhere near what we usually have.
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hmm - favourite work out...I like running, Jillian Micheals, Body Attack and weights.
  • jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout by far is figure skating.
    New year's resolution... Hm.... Ship more code (I work as a software engineer)
    2013 goal weight: 115. Estimated time..Probably around a year. So probably around 2 lbs / month.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Posted resolution and goal.

Favourite workouts include swimming, beach walks and fencing. Trying for the 200 sit ups at the moment.

Monday: Busy day at work. Did not meet goals.
    Tuesday: Day has just started... I can do this...
  • kirby34puckett
    kirby34puckett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout is the elliptical, but I also like Wii workouts such as Zumba Fitness and Just Dance.

I posted my resolution in the other thread, but it is to eat clean(er), workout about 5 days a week, and to hit my ultimate goal weight.

My goal weight is around 140 or 150 lbs. (I'm not really sure, I'll have to see how my body looks)/feels) I'd really like to hit this by the middle/end of summer, but if I hit it at anytime this year I'll be happy.
  • vzgregg
    vzgregg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i'm just starting today and am very stoked!

favorite workout is playing soccer, but i only get to do that once a week for a couple months at a time.

favorite workout that is something i can do daily is a couple 24 minute videos by Chris Freytag. if i had the time and money to do some of those cross fit type classes, i'd probably love those. i get more motivated working out with others.

working on the water thing...already had 20 oz this morning. my goal is at least 3 of my 20 oz bottles which is 1/2 cup shy of 8 cups a day.
  • GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just starting today. Been on vacation and just now back on schedule.

My favorite type of workout is boxing/kickboxing/dancing. I love to mix it up. I get bored with the same thing all the time.

Resolutions are more things I want to do all the time, not just because it is the next year. So I would say:
    ~Exercise of some sort 30+ minutes a day
    ~Decrease my sugar intake to almost nothing. I know if I deprive myself completely I may lean back to it.
    ~Lose 30 lbs by April 17th.
  • 2tang
    2tang Posts: 44
    Options
    1. Work out (Sun-none; Mon – 150mins; Tue-60mins)
    2. Favorite workout - Zumba
    3. 2013 resolutions – meet goal weight and maintain it
    4. Goal Weight – 145 by 6/1/13; 130 by 12/31/13.
    5. Water (I average about 10 glasses daily)
  • Carmennorth
    Carmennorth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So glad to see some of these responses- Val, my favorite workout is soccer too- maybe we should look into joining the rec teams; it was a blast last time.... I also think I would like Zumba if I learned the moves (only been once) and love Pilates!
    My workouts this week has been...
    Monday- 1hour walk
    Tuesday- 1 hour run
    Wednesday- 200 situps, 200 jumping jacks....
  • vzgregg
    Options
    carmen...i have been playing the past two seasons on the Jacksonville Football Club women's rec team. they play out at patton park. i love it. games are on sundays. so, that's usually my weekend workout! ;)

Exercise this week:
    - Tues - took down the christmas tree...and put everything up in the attic...that's gotta count for something!
    - Wed - 30 minute walk at work with co-workers. got everyones heart rate up! :)
    - Thurs - 40 minute workout on exercise TV on demand...it was called Calorie Burnout. pretty good. will either do that again tomorrow or might try a different one. wish i could remember the lady's name.

Not sure if i'll get a workout in on Saturday/Sunday. M-F is pretty solid for me. Weekends are iffy. ;)
  • Carmennorth
    Carmennorth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    All right, in keeping with my promise to keep up with my personal tracking, here are my final points for this week....

Monday- 60 minute walk
    Tuesday- 60 minute walk/rum
    Wednesday- 200 sit ups, 200 jumping jacks
    Thursday- 60 minutes on the elliptical
    Friday- 56 minute walk/run
    Saturday 75 minute walk/run
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Failed miserably but i'm firmly back on track for the next challenge.
  • vzgregg
    Options
    1. Work out (any type of work out for this week) for a minimum of 30 minutes a day!
    I started on 1/2/13...and did do 30 or more minutes of exercise through the 5th.

2. Post your favorite type of work out on this thread (I will add your favorites over the next month)
    Soccer...but it's only once a week for a few months at a time.
    Kickboxing is also a favorite. did it for years at Karate America. now i'm trying the ones on demand.

3. Post your 2013 resolutions up for all of us to read on the 2013 Thread
    done

4. Post your 2013 Goal Weight under the resolutions along with an estimated time to get there......
    done...for reference it's 112.

5. Drink at least 8 cups of water every day this week!
    done