older games

Options

Replies

• laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You guys are reminding me of all the games I've forgotten about! I LOVED Phantasy Star, the early FF, and Mario. My all-time old school love is Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. I was super hyped when I found it on the WII!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You guys are reminding me of all the games I've forgotten about! I LOVED Phantasy Star, the early FF, and Mario. My all-time old school love is Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap. I was super hyped when I found it on the WII!

Loved that series. ALthough I wondered what made them change the way to play from a undies, hammer chucking blonde kid who skate boards, to a sword wielding hero. The music in that game was amazing as well. I loved the Sega Genesis follow up. Lion Man for the win!

Dark Wizard for the Sega CD anyone? Truth be told. I have never played Super Mario RPG for the SNES. It's one of my Wii Virtual Games. I have played every other game after that (Paper Mario games). When Borderlands 2 is done, maybe....just maybe.
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm still in love with Final Fantasy Tactics, after all of these years. Turn-based style, and how you can customize your party members.....I really like it.

One of my favorite games, and also probably the game I've put the most hours into! I got it for PSP as well and was pretty annoyed by the slow load times, but not even that could get in the way of me enjoying that game.

I'm a big fan of SNES jRPGs; FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II... and has anyone else here played Illusion of Gaia? That game was a lot of fun.

breath of fire was awesome! I remember that.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    breath of fire was awesome! I remember that.

<3 it
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm still in love with Final Fantasy Tactics, after all of these years. Turn-based style, and how you can customize your party members.....I really like it.

One of my favorite games, and also probably the game I've put the most hours into! I got it for PSP as well and was pretty annoyed by the slow load times, but not even that could get in the way of me enjoying that game.

I'm a big fan of SNES jRPGs; FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II... and has anyone else here played Illusion of Gaia? That game was a lot of fun.

*high five*
    hell yea! I played Illusion of Gaia, I think Soul Blazer was the sequel, and Terranigma was the 3rd in the series but considered a spiritual successor? I could have it all wrong, but one thing is for sure, I miss those old types of RPGs, they had more soul to them than the current gen RPGs

I looked into it and it doesn't seem to be a direct sequel, but there's some crossovers? It's not really clear. I never played Soul Blazer, but I loved ActRaiser! Building the little towns, heh. Now I want to play Terranigma.
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    anyone remember super dodgeball on the nes? lol
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

Haha yeah, your angel would fly up out of your body when you died.
  • Gilbrod
    Options

I remember staying up hours with my friends playing that game. I always used India. Lowest health, but strongest defense and offense. The GBA version was fun too. I never had a chance to play anyone though since they never got it. Plus, the GBA had that stupid cable thing going. Speaking of GBA, anyone played the Golden Sun series?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I could literally replay Ocarina of Time... until the end of time. So pretty much any LoZ (Link to the past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask) N64 or earlier, I could replay with ease.

Otherwise, I love Kingdom Hearts 1-2 (though I haven't picked up KH in forever since maxing out EVERYTHING you could do), and I've been in the mind to playthrough FF7 or FFX again.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkatron.

For some reason last summer at work everyone (including me) was replaying pokemon on phone emus. I find it really hard to play any kind of non-rpg on my phone. I laugh at how bad I am at super mario 3.
  • Aquarii
    Aquarii Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkatron.

Yes! I loveee that game.

My old favorites: FFVII, FFIX, FFX, the NES Mega Mans, Mega Bomberman, Diablo 1/2, Dance Dance Revolution (lol), Streets of Rage 1/2/3, Boogerman, Sonic games for the Sega Genesis, and a lot more Sega games I can't recall at the moment.
  • Gilbrod
    Options
    Kirby. I have never been intersested in Kirby at all. My son, who is now 8, decided to buy a Kirby game for the 3DS e-Shop. He wanted the Kirby Anniversary collection for Christmas. I am now hooked on Kirby. I also just picked up Return to Dreamland for the Wii for $20. I wish I didn't miss these gems back in my day. Oh well, better late than never.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Decap Attack, anyone? It was for Sega Genesis, I believe. I freaking loved that game.

STREETS OF RAGE!

I love all the Contra games as well.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My bf has been playing Castlevania symphony of the night all afternoon. He got it for Christmas.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Being that a computer was the first system I ever had (of my very own) until I bought a Wii when I was in college...the selection of games available to me was limited by my parental units. That being said, I loved (and still use DOS Box to play):

The Super Solver games by the Learning Company:
    - Treasure Mountain
    - Treasure MathStorm
    - Treasure Galaxy
    - Treasure Cove
    And etc. as it was an entire series. They made others (Operation Neptune) that didn't feature the Super Solver character, but were similar.

Mixed-Up Fairy Tales
    The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary (those dolls were creepy to a 12-year-old)
    Super Muncher

Myst
    Riven
    and etc. I am going to play through these again with my husband--he doesn't know what he's in for! I want to get Real Myst through Steam, though, and see how they've improved on the older version.
  • _Thanatos_
    Options
    I'm pretty nostalgic. I've still got plenty of SNES, NES and PSX stuff. Some old favorites:

Zelda: A Link To The Past
    Chrono Trigger
    Illusion of Gaia
    Secret of Mana & Evermore
    Earthbound
    Final Fantasy (played them all)
    Star Ocean: Second story
    Tales of Phantasia, Eternia and Destiny
    Mega Man X
    Arc the Lad II

and probably many others I can't remember
  • Fittreelol
    Options
    My first computer was a mac (don't judge it was the 80s.) Scarab of RA was a pretty sweet game. Way ahead of it's time, and shareware to boot! Not trying to sound controversial, but that game owned dying to dysentery in a conastoga wagon. Just saying.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I blew the dust off my old black and white game recently... and I've forgotten how much I lve them. Plus my N64 is still hooked up when ever I wanna get my zelda on or even some old school Hexan.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How old do Games have to be to be "Older Games"

Break Out - Atari

Legend of Zelda - NES
    Playing Zelda at a friend's house is why I asked for a NES

Legend of Zelda Link to the Past - SNES
    Playing Link to the Past at a friend's house is why I asked for a SNES
    F-ZERO - SNES
    Street Fighter 2 - SNES

Hang On - Sega

Descent - PC
    First computer game that really made me say WOW when I started playing it.
    Warcraft 2 - PC

Twisted Metal - Playstation
    Gran Turismo 2 - Playstation

I assume any game on Xbox or PS 2 is still too new to be an "Older Game"...
  • Fittreelol
    Options

Break Out - Atari

Ahh fond memories of fist fights with my cousins over who's turn it was to play my uncle's Atari. It was about 80/20 breakout/ donkey kong.