Here I am!

Options
I am almost 57 and need to lose about 50 more lbs! Looking forward to "talking" to more about my age. Join please!!

Replies

• kacdragon
    kacdragon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm here as well! I'm 55, need to lose more than 50 pounds, married for 35 years to a VERY fit man of 57 years, with 5 kids and 9 grandchildren -- ages 18 months to 15 1/2 years (the half is very important--LOL). I want to be there for all my grandkids to graduate from high school and college, get married, and have their own children.

I need to be A LOT more fit and healthy to even think about doing any of those things and have any fun on the way there! Let's not even discuss being able to keep up with my husband, who bikes as much as 100 miles a week. There are things I want to do again (like zip lines and trail hikes), and cannot until I can move more athletically!!! My knees hate me right now!

So my goals for this month are to track myself every day on MFP so that I can lose 8 pounds by getting on the stationary bike at least 120 minutes a week and doing another 40 minutes a week of strength training. Food-wise, I will make a commitment to eating only whole grain carbs and reducing the amount of processed sugars I eat so that my daily caloric intake reflects higher amounts of fruits, veggies and fiber. How about the rest of you?

Kim
  • buddsct
    buddsct Posts: 11
    Options
    Just turned 50 in October....have lost 27 already but have hit a platau so I have joined MFP to help get me over the hump. I have been going to gym 6-7 days a week doing a wide mix of cardio and resistance training. I want to get smarter about calories in the foods I eat and daily net intake. I would like to lose another 30by the time I turn 51
  • kacdragon
    kacdragon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What a great goal! I wish I had started before I turned 50 as well! I have really enjoyed MFP as a means for really "seeing" how I spend my calories. I have found out that I am a "carb junkie" and that I really LOVE cheese!

Taking baby steps to change my eating habits is making those changes permanent! Yippee! Now let's see if I can do the same with my sedentary lifestyle! :tongue: