wedding party color

Options
2»

Replies

• andonsmama
    Options
    I want my girls to be happy in what they're wearing, and I'm not a dictator by any means - it really doesn't mean that much to me what they wear. But it means a lot to me if they're happy and comfortable in it. We're doing a destination wedding, so I'll leave the fabric choice up to them.

So... I told them to wear their favorite black dress, or use it as an excuse to get one! Then, at the wedding we'll decide if it needs a splash of white and use some white belts/sashes that we plan to have.

My maid of honour wants to make sure that they're all the same length, but I don't even really mind that.. their length of dress isn't the focus of the day and I think the contrast between black and white will be nice enough :)

That's it!

i agree, this is why i just picked the color and they will pick the dress :smile: i am doing champange since my dress' sash is champange. i am also having a destination wedding...Vegas baby!! i also told them i wanted the dresses to be short. i want to be the only one in the long gown and i like the Vegas cocktail party theme :smile:
  • HealthKickCi
    Options
    My wedding colors are plum and mercury.
    The ladies by my side will wear plum.
    The guys and girls on my faince's side will wear grey suits or mercury dresses.
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I want my girls to be happy in what they're wearing, and I'm not a dictator by any means - it really doesn't mean that much to me what they wear. But it means a lot to me if they're happy and comfortable in it. We're doing a destination wedding, so I'll leave the fabric choice up to them.

So... I told them to wear their favorite black dress, or use it as an excuse to get one! Then, at the wedding we'll decide if it needs a splash of white and use some white belts/sashes that we plan to have.

My maid of honour wants to make sure that they're all the same length, but I don't even really mind that.. their length of dress isn't the focus of the day and I think the contrast between black and white will be nice enough :)

That's it!

I'm doing the same thing. I have 6 women in my bridal party, and they all can wear their own black dress that they are comfortable, actually my one good friend will be wearing a pant suite. They'll look great. I am thinking about making some kind of hair fascinator to tie them altogether.
  • oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have 4 bridesmaids (including the MOH). My wedding colors are orange and red so I'm having them where orange (or tangelo to be exact per alfred angelo).

All the girls will be wearing the same dress. We went with an A line shape so that it could flatter many shapes and sizes :-)
  • ChallengeAccepted14
    Options
    I'm having 4 maids! My wedding colors are Gray, White. The ladies will be wearing gray flowy, sweetheart neckline dresses..... and HOPEFULLY all the same style.... if we can find something that they all feel pretty in.
  • madamchoochoo
    madamchoochoo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've decided that as me and my besties all have kids and 2 will have newborn babies i'm not having bridesmaids but i'll have their kids instead. So, i'll have 2 flower girls and a page boy alongside my 2 boys as page boys.
    I figured that way my friends get to have a great day and get ready with me without having to worry about their hubbies looking after the babies while they act as bridesmaids etc - the flower girls are having white dresses ( fitted bodices and tuelle princess skirts - they're 2 and 7)
    http://www.fairytalefashions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=501
    and then i'll give them flower baskets with the same colour flowers as me.