Options
Momwasix
Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
im new are they allowed if not what are some alternative

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The problem with most protien powders is the ingrediants - a lot of time they have soy as a protien base (which is a no-no for both Primal and paleo) - others have Whey as a protien source (which if you are going strict Paleo is a no no and many still contain soy lecihtin) - and then you have all the other additives, including, in some cases tons of sugars. Likewise, the manufacturing process can be sketchy...

Your best bet if you are looking at increasing protien intake is to simply eat protien dense foods. This is as simple as having some hard boiled eggs or nitrate free lunch meat on hand - or even do up a chicken or turkey breast (or my shortcut just buy a rotissiere one from the store) and pick off it when you need a snack.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you are allowing dairy, my go-to protein powder is WheyFactors by NaturalFactors, the ingredients are simply whey protein, natural french vanilla flavor, and guar gum. No sugar/sweetener and only 2g carbs. I add a touch of honey to the shake to sweeten it a bit. Be careful with the protein powders you find in big stores like walmart and costco, most of them are packed with sugar and preservatives.

BTW: I find this protein powder in my local health food store.
  • alabelle1
    alabelle1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of trying the primal fuel you can get on Marks daily apple web site- just trying to make sure its totally gluten free..:happy:
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Eat real food.
  • ajwolters
    Options
    Eat real food.

Yes, this. Don't eat processed junk.