The way it works

Options
Hello everyone!! I've been asked to give a little breakdown of what this group is all about. And I'd LOVE to do it!! :-)

Here's the deal - We are on a mission to have 50 days of success!! This group is intended to provide support, motivation, ideas and everything in between for all of us that are on a journey to better health! The journey is different for everyone, some aim to lose weight, some want to maintain, some need to exercise more, some need to focus on their diet, etc, etc, etc... It doesn't matter what the goal is we're here to help!

We have daily challenges (most days) and want everyone to check in often! Tell us what you're doing to reach your goals, tell us what you're struggling with and ask questions! There's sure to be someone here that can help!

So - let's make it happen!!! This is OUR group!

Replies

• jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!! Is there a set weigh in/measurement day each week?
  • aviatrix80
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing, thanks.
    For me I need accountability, so I'll do it for myself anyway, but it would be nice to have other people involved too.
    :)
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do believe our weight and measurements will be on Wednesday since we start on a Wednesday and (I think) we end on a Wednesday.

So SW today.
    FW on Feb 20th.

That's all for me taking over. :tongue:
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hey all.

To the new people asking about weigh-ins. The group itself doesnt really have a designated weigh in day, however because this particular challenge started Wednesday 1/2/12, we typically use every Wednesday thereafter. However, i know some individuals have their own personal weigh in days. such as myself, my official weigh in days are Saturday.

Welcome to you all and im looking forward of all of us reaching our desired goals. :)
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    Is it ok that I get weighed pretty much monthly? I'm recovering from thyroid cancer and see the endocrinologist pretty much every month, and I trust his scale rather than the at home ones....let me know
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!! Is there a set weigh in/measurement day each week?

Here are my thoughts on weigh-in's etc... During our first 50 days we didn't have a weigh-in and it still was an AMAZING 50 days. I would like to incorporate a weigh-in for accountabilities' sake. Frankly, I need it more than anyone! :-) AND - where measurements are concerned, I think it's not necessary to measure every week - A measurement today (Day 1) and definitely a measurement on day 50! Measurements (and pictures for that matter) have been KEY to keeping me sane on those weeks where the scale isn't budging. :-)

Does that help?? I created a "Topic" for everyone to put in their weights this morning and their measurements - put what you're comfortable with. And...if you notice I haven't posted yet, it's because I was running WAY late this morning and didn't get my measurements. No worries - I'll have them up there as soon as I get home! :-) (LOVE that accountability!)
  • emailcrystalo
    Options
    Is it ok that I get weighed pretty much monthly? I'm recovering from thyroid cancer and see the endocrinologist pretty much every month, and I trust his scale rather than the at home ones....let me know

Absolutely that's ok!! Do what you're comfortable with. :-)
  • MaerMollie
    MaerMollie Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Wow, you have come through a lot!
    All the best with this phase. You will be successful.
  • MrsZippy34
    Options
    I have been going to a nutritionist so I will weigh in when I go see her on monday yikes!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hi i know i'm checking in late today but i dont see a challenge for day 3, is there one today? how ofter are the challenges? thanks
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    hi i know i'm checking in late today but i dont see a challenge for day 3, is there one today? how ofter are the challenges? thanks

Look at the TOPIC: Day 3 Challenge - "Fab AB Friday!!" 6 minute youtube.. or anything ab related. Great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfFzgAuulFY
  • niici
    niici Posts: 32
    Options
    So last week was very hard for me. I couldn't go on the internet for the last days, what means I had to write down what I ate on my own and guess how many calories it had. As I was on kind of a holiday, I had a lot of great and healthy food. I often ate 400 calories to much..sometimes 200 calories to few. It's just not easy to guess how many calories things have. But I wrote it down and now logged it in, if you wanna see it.

I ate Broccoli withh Sauce Hollondaise..you should try it, cause it tastes so good! But not too muchh, cause Sauce Hollondaise has some calories.

I also couldnt go jogging on my vacations, cause I didn't have any sporty clothes with me. But this week starting tommorow will be great, I promise! I will make a plan today and even if I have to go back to school now it will work:)

Keep going everybody c:
  • niici
    Options
    Hey everybody:)

What about starting your day with an 4 minute wake up workout? it is quite easy but gets you moving! i feel better now i did it :) and what's important: i'm awaken and now lookinng forward on this day :) I know we will be tough again today!

And here's the link for the 4 minute morning wake up workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7dXzmPwCQs

My motto today: My Superpower is self control.
  • emailcrystalo
    Options

What about starting your day with an 4 minute wake up workout? it is quite easy but gets you moving! i feel better now i did it :) and what's important: i'm awaken and now lookinng forward on this day :) I know we will be tough again today!

And here's the link for the 4 minute morning wake up workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7dXzmPwCQs

I love this!!! I'll post it for everyone to see! :-)
  • bikinisuited
    Options

Lovely, my workout this am completed but happy to do it after work. Great day to you Crystal!

I love this!!! I'll post it for everyone to see! :-)
  • bikinisuited
    Options

Great idea lady...:flowerforyou:
  • niici
    Options
    hey my partners in crime:)
    I have a challenge idea. It came to my mind, because I've already leraned how to do sports well, but I've still got problems with eating good..although I just eat as many calories as I'm allowed to according to my diet and don't eat healthy enough.
    Wouldn't it be cool to do a challenge, where we keep an eye on what we eat?
    Look at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCpWbCyJg38&list=PL941A442200093518&index=2 ..She posts 'What I ate today' and makes photos of her food, telling what it was. How about us making a video with what we ate, or just some pictures?? For a day or even more? :) I think I will do this! Just to test it.