What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A yummy green veg soup - half a courgette, a small bulb of fennel and a small pale-green pepper all diced, cooked in 600ml stock with 80g basmati rice, then add some chopped spinach and a tbsp of vegan pesto and stir to wilt. YOM!
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Pineapple-cashew-quinoa stir fry from Veganomicon. So amazing!
  • maradot
    maradot Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad we're sharing recipes. It's easy to get into a rut - FAST. I'll be looking to try some of them out. I'm also eating kale, I just steam it with onion. I find that letting it soak in cold water for a while before steaming really freshens the flavor. The greens tend to get dehydrated in the store.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sunday night dinner: Marinated portabello mushrooms on the grill with roasted baby yukon gold potatoes and roasted asparagus.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That sounds so simple and yummy!

Tonight I had marinated tofu (quick marinade of sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and spices, then baked), braised leeks, and roasted potatoes. Simple, fall like, yumminess.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    vegan chik n devan
    2 cups creamy mushroom soup, i use imagine
    2 bags broccoil, i use whole foods 365 brand
    1 package chik n, i use match meat, ive also their seafood
    1/2 cup mayo, i use follow your heart
    1/2 soy milk, i use the light 365 version
    1 cup cheese, again follow your heart

1.make broccoli to your liking, put on bottom of the container
    2.put chik n on top of that
    3.mix mayo, milk, and cheese and pour on top of that
    4.put the 2 cups of mushroom soup on top of that
    i spread it so the soup gets everywhere and sometime i just mix the milk and mayo and put the cheese on top
    also, it can made as a side dish with no chik n
    ive done that too
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making bbq lentils over mashed potatoes. Also making Guinness bread! Using this recipe:
    http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-cheddar-guinness-beer-bread-166877
    but doing a vegan adaptation. I will let you know how it comes out! I love holiday cooking!

Sounds wonderful! How do you make BBQ lentils?
  • hellokittyhorror
    Options
    Easy eclectic light dinner: Tonight I had Miso Master red miso soup with 1 table spoon dulse flakes to get my iodine on! I also had organic spring mix salad with mixed nuts scallions, and this dressing that I just made up on the fly:
    1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar, turmeric, chili powder, dill, oregano, basil, salt.

Was still hungry and needed protein so I had french vanilla vega with almond milk.
  • hellokittyhorror
    Options
    Pineapple-cashew-quinoa stir fry from Veganomicon. So amazing!

Sounds great!
  • Fuz1987
    Options
    Goulash, main ingredient is portabello mushrooms thickly chopped soak up the paprika flavour. On a cold day with some cous cous and rye bread its perfect. Only problem is it takes 2 1/2 hours to make.
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Tonight I am making bbq lentils over mashed potatoes. Also making Guinness bread! Using this recipe:
    http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-cheddar-guinness-beer-bread-166877
    but doing a vegan adaptation. I will let you know how it comes out! I love holiday cooking!

Sounds wonderful! How do you make BBQ lentils?

here is the recipe!

http://vegweb.com/recipes/barbecue-lentils
  • happyvegan410
    happyvegan410 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my favorite "lazy dinner". I have Vermont Flatbread Vegan pizza, which is super yummy and already has the daiya cheese on it. I add green peppers and onion which are pre-chopped and in the freezer and I slice crimini mushrooms. The pizza only takes 8 minutes to cook. Soooooooo good and I only eat half and save the other half for lunch the next day. Perfecto!
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Chilli soup with biscuits! :)
  • ashisgoingtowin
    Options
    lentil veggie loaf
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    I made Hoppin' John Risotto to celebrate the New Year!

I veganized this recipe, by using Yves hotdogs (just had those around or I would have used something else or omitted), veg stock, nutritional yeast instead of parm. I added some kale and skipped the collard pesto. It was the best risotto I've ever made!

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-hoppin-john-risotto-with-collard-pesto-recipes-from-the-kitchn-182045
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I made an Ethiopian style red/green lentil curry with brown rice.

I have to share this recipe as i thought it was pretty good.

I stole this recipe off the net and added pumpkin and fresh tomatoes to it.

Mesir Wat – Ethiopian Red Lentil Puree
    Adapted from whats4eats
    Serves 4 with leftovers

2 cups red lentils, picked over and rinsed (i used 1 cup green 1 cup red)
    2 medium onion, roughly chopped
    6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
    1 big knob of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (i used about 1 tablespoon minced but i love ginger)
    500g of pumpkin diced into 2cm cubes
    5 whole tomatoes chopped.
    3 tablespoons nuttlex/earth balance or oil
    2 tablespoon paprika or other mild red pepper
    1 tablespoon turmeric
    1 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
    I also added chilli flakes but i like HOT food
    salt and pepper to taste

Steps:

1. In a medium saucepan, cover the lentils with about 1 inch of water (or vegetable stock if you want more flavour) and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally to avoid scorching on the bottom, and add more water if it gets low. Start this going and move on to the next step.

2. Meanwhile, in a blender or mini food processor, puree the onion, garlic and ginger. (You can also slice onions and mince the garlic/ginger if desired)

3. Heat the nuttlex/earth balance or oil over a medium flame in a small skillet. Add the paprika, turmeric and cayene, and fry for 30 seconds. Add the onion mixture and fry for about 10 minutes, until rather dry and lightly browned. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute for another 5 mins until the tomatoes start to break down.

4. Scrape the mixture from the skillet into the lentils and add salt and pepper as required. Continue to simmer until the lentils are fully pureed.

The total time starting at step 1 will probably be about 40 minutes. Add water if too thick or cook a little longer if too thin. The ideal texture is thick enough to stand up a little on a spoon, but not thick like, say, hummus. A little thicker than applesauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning.

Serve with brown rice or veggies!
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    homemade veggie burgers, and a giant salad :)
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hottie Black-Eyed Peas & Greens (Collards) from Appetite for Reduction left over from yesterday and side of fat free Asian style tamari-lime slaw.

I love everything I've tried from Appetite for Reduction.
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants food ideas i run an instagram feed for vegan foods.

Username = danbi1
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    I had falafel and garlic dip last night.