Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• bebopsbo
    bebopsbo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Joe. Looks like I might be the fisrt guy to actually introduce myself on here. I live in Milliken, I am married to a beautiful wife and our first son is about to be born. I am looking for acountabilty and support, I need to loose roughly 70 lbs once and for all. I have experienced a 50 lbs weight loss and gain back over and over agian for the last 5 - 6 years and am tired of the yo-yo. Looking more for mental support, but if anyone actually works in Boulder and wants a weekday morning 24 hour fitness work out friend. I work nights so my heath lifestyle is off kilter to fit my schedule. My ultamite goal is to get down to 200 lbs and gain the muscle mass to sustain that weight. I want to live a long and healthy life for my family.
  • cama78
    cama78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I live in Greeley as I just moved here from Denver (much cheaper-can't stand the smell!). I am a mother to two children (11 and 7 years old) and have been sedentary for a long while (2005-2012). I've lost a lot of body strength and have gained 25 pounds-which is what I weighed when pregnant-58kgs. I know that is normal body weight, but I need muscle mass so basically I am trying to get leaner and more muscular. If anyone wants to walk or workout in the Greeley area-message me. I'm not very fit right now-and can't run-but walks are good! Have a great day!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    H, Kim and I live in Dacono. Tired of playing the weight game, decided that I am not on a diet now and will never be again....just made a lifestyle change. Started July 6th and have not missed a day! Love M F P
  • Julie10830
    Julie10830 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Julie, 51 from Fort Collins... trying to lose weight for the LAST time, but menopause seems to be a new twist on the journey. I work all week fairly long hours, so struggling to find time to walk etc... would love to find a walking buddy :) Happy New Year, everyone!
  • josefinevillatoro
    Options
    hi my name is josie i am going to get bariatric surgury i hope here in 6 months so part of that is to better my eating and loose 15lbs but img going to go for 36.00 so wish me luch
  • josefinevillatoro
    Options
    hi im josie i know how it could be with kids i also have kids 3boys and one girl wish u the best
  • FoCoFitnessFun
    Options
    Hi-
    My name is Teresa and live in Fort Collins. Just started my first week with MFP! I always love the first week. 7lbs lost. Its amazing how writing down everything you eat can bring some awareness to your eating habits. I will looking to lose weight for health reasons. I have a long way to go. My main goal is to have a happier life. I have been using food to cope with the stresses of my life. Furthermore, I am concerned that eventually being over weight will lead to a life of illness. I am lucky that so far I have not health issues. It time to make a change!
  • BrandiNauta
    BrandiNauta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am Brandi and I am a personal trainer and sports nutritionist. I would be happy to answer questions for anyone anytime. Please feel free to send me a message if you need help or if you just want to chat! I am in the Wellington area and I work out of my home under the business name Iron Logic Fitness.

Be strong and good luck to each of you! Losing weight is challenging!
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Hello All,

I just signed up today and a quick intro, glad to see so many motivated people here in NoCo. I have been struggling to figure out how to enter Ketllebell workouts? I have been with NCK since April and great progress! Awesome to see people from 16-70+ in our classes building strength and flexibility.

I did not realize how much the little things were adding up in my diet, YIKES. If anybody is familiar with Ketllebell and the exercise data I would appreciate it. I can then input the data for get-up, swings, cleans, press, snatch, squat, Viking salutes etc… Look forward to meeting the community, once again thanks for any input or any replies.
  • Thyme4change
    Thyme4change Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am so happy to see so many people in our area! I have lived in Fort Collins for two yrs and love it! I am married to a great man. We have three wonderful kids plus a wonderful daughter in law. I struggle, I stumble and I keep moving forward. I am lighter, healthier, fitter and not looking back...

A lot of my life changes and beg'ing weight loss was thanks to a wonderful weight loss leader. Then I hit a wall and had to make more changes, start eating less carbs which works really well for me. I also go to the gym, love to hike and walk trails, and I would love to have some buddies to exercise with, a group would be great as well.

I don't know many people here since our kids are all self efficient and meeting people is a bit difficult. Feel free to add me as a MFP friend.

Kim
  • jesse38566
    jesse38566 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good morning all! I live in Fort Collins but not a native to the area. I'm originally from Arkansas and that lifestyle took a toll on my life for over 25 years. I am a member at Miramont Lifestyle Fitness and am enjoying being in the gym along with consulting with a nutritionist. I love the outdoors and looking forward to the summer so I can do some hiking and exploring of what this beautiful state has to offer! Also looking forward to meeting some great people with similar goals in creating a better, healthier life.
  • rhiannaenders
    Options
    Hello all! I live in Mead and I am a SAHM. I have been on MFP for about a month now and I love it! I quit smoking a year ago and was amazed at how much weight I gained...not to mention the other weight I had to lose to begin with :) I have about 70+ lbs I want to lose and am always looking for some motivation to keep going on this journey.
  • lmb3171999
    lmb3171999 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I live in Fort Collins and looking for workout/ motivation buddies in the area. I have a lot of people on my list from all over the country, but would love to meet up to do some workouts locally. Any dog lovers here? Would love a dog walk buddy for the beautiful trails here in Fort Collins. Thanks!
  • BevieDino
    BevieDino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandi,
    I live in Ft Collins but go to the lake #5 that my son is a member of. I'm trying to eat right for a 70 year old but find it hard living alone and too sedentary. Am trying to cook more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • pjansen2014
    Options
    Hi all my name is Pete and I'm happy to be here with all of you.
    I live in north Loveland and work in Fort Collin.
    10 year old son lives with Mom in Fort Collins.
    Drop me a note sometime.
  • tharley
    tharley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Tanis and I live in Greeley. I have pretty much always been overweight, but need to get myself together and lose some weight/become fit. My goal is to run several miles (or just 1) without keeling over. I love Zumba, but haven't been able to go to many classes. I am very much a "peer-pressure motivates me" kind of gal, so this group sounds excellent. I hope everyone is doing well and succeeding in their fitness goals. Cheers!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hello I am from Fort Collins! I grew up in Johnstown, on farms in the area! Excited to be a part of this group!
  • Laceyheart
    Laceyheart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello fit pals. My name is Lacey and I live in Fort Collins love to hike the foot hills trails :)
  • brudolph
    brudolph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Ben and I live in Greeley. Love running, biking (road and mtn), hiking (mostly Rocky Mtn Ntl Park), and working out at the gym.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also in Greeley, West Greeley to be exact!!

I have been MIA lately recovering from a back injury.. BOO! I have been using MFP for a good 4 years now and have to say for the past year or so I have been on and off with my weight loss journey. But, I'm back and ready to kick butt!