Exercising on the Dukan Diet...

Options
Hello,

So I'm wanting to start the Dukan diet and was wondering what your thoughts on exercising along with it was? I've signed up for a new gym and really want to kick start my weight loss before Christmas if I can so willing to try everything!

Thanks xx

Replies

• bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I exercise about an hour a day 4-5 days a week on the Dukan. But I worked out regularly before doing the Dukan so it wasn't that big of a deal. I will say the first few days of only PP I felt sluggish but once I got over the hump its been fine. The diet recommends starting with a 20min walk, so that is a good place to start. Currently I run 3-5mi a day with lifting. Since jumping back on the Dukan wagon at the begining of Nov I have lost 15lbs. Since I am working out so much that I don't realy worry about the quantity of food but eating when I am hungry and sticking with high protein foods like cottage cheese and FF greek yogurt.
  • starryk
    Options
    HI - If you stick with the Dukan diet for the first phase, in accordance to what Dr. Dukan says, you should see a large weight loss within the first week. I didn't want to start any gym program til I saw any loss... cause I find working out at the gym creates muscle, which of course, is heavier.

This week - I started following the Leslie Sansone walk program - so other than the daily required walking - I have started this. I am seeing a difference in clothing after 9 days on the dukan diet. Tomorrow I start the cruise phase.

Good luck to you!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @ starryk- what program are you doing ( Leslie PROGRAM) . I have the five mile DVD . Do you want to do a challenge ?
    I can not lift my butt from the couch to start it and stearing at the DVD, doesn' t help . :)
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started New Rules of Lifting for Women along with the Dukan diet (Cruise Phase) and I get good results. I thought I would have less energy on PP but actually the opposite is true. On weekends I try to train in a fasted state, also no problem.
    Cardio can be a little tedious if you donßt have a lot of energy though. I just think that if you are already eating high-protein, might as well take advantage and build some muscle, it will increase your calorie expenditure and help with the metabolism as well.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I did more walking/yoga than the minimum and optional programs suggested by Dukan the whole time I was on attack, cruise, consolidation and now stabilization. No problem.

The main thing is I logged my calories the whole time to make sure I never went below 1200 (gross).

I agree with blondepsychob, the days I eat PP my energy level is pretty darn high.