New to group!

Options
Saunz5
Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
Hey everyone! Just found this group! :o) How far is everyone into this training? Are there any other females in here?! I have gone 10 weeks into the 5x5 program before, but had to stop due to medical issues that I had developed. I am back and have started over again! I absolutely love this program! :o) Just wanted to say hi! Say hi back!

Replies

• snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome back! I got 12 weeks into SL before pulling my lower back a bit, and I'm letting it heal up before jumping back in. Great to meet you! :)
  • Saunz5
    Options
    Thank you! Did the program work for you and your goals?
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm about 7 weeks in. Doing well. Love the program. It's so simple. Workouts are starting to get long though, with longer rests. But that's fine.

There are a few women in here, my wife for one. There's also a 5x5 for Women group. It's a bit more active. I follow both groups.
  • snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Did the program work for you and your goals?

I've made a great start, although I have a ways to go yet. My bodyfat has gone down from 37% to 29%, and my body is starting to look leaner and more defined. I'm confident that if I stick with it, I'll definitely reach my goals (the primary one being to get down to 15% bodyfat).
  • donkraft
    donkraft Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ive done two 12 week cycles and y core has never been stronger. I will also say I might be the strongest ive ever been even stronger than I was when I was a 20 year old marine. The simple three day a week structure is simple and easy to stay consistent. I like the challenge of beating my personal PR's. When my form is crappy I dont give myself credit for the lift so I deload and stall somewhat often. At the 11th or 12th week, I feel burned out and bored with it so I have stopped after the 36th session and switch to focusing on running or a different lifting program or conditioning program. After Im bored with that I come right back in (deload quite a bit) and go even stronger the next cycle. My goals are being reached and Im setting eyes on new PRs in both strength and run times.
  • Saunz5
    Options
    Ive done two 12 week cycles and y core has never been stronger. I will also say I might be the strongest ive ever been even stronger than I was when I was a 20 year old marine. The simple three day a week structure is simple and easy to stay consistent. I like the challenge of beating my personal PR's. When my form is crappy I dont give myself credit for the lift so I deload and stall somewhat often. At the 11th or 12th week, I feel burned out and bored with it so I have stopped after the 36th session and switch to focusing on running or a different lifting program or conditioning program. After Im bored with that I come right back in (deload quite a bit) and go even stronger the next cycle. My goals are being reached and Im setting eyes on new PRs in both strength and run times.

That is awesome! And good to know it works so well for you! :) Gives me hope!
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've just finished week 1, so totally new to it all! Enjoying it so far, but starting to wish I had a training buddy
  • Saunz5
    Options
    Hi!

I've just finished week 1, so totally new to it all! Enjoying it so far, but starting to wish I had a training buddy

Awesome! Yeah, I run into that same problem! Especially now that I am needing a spotter. :/
  • ELCABRA
    ELCABRA Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i was worried about the same thing i am seriously considering a power cage, safe for all 5x5 exercises, hopefully I can find one on craigslist for a decent price
  • Saunz5
    Options
    i was worried about the same thing i am seriously considering a power cage, safe for all 5x5 exercises, hopefully I can find one on craigslist for a decent price

That would be awesome!!! Good luck! :o)