Is anybody else doing the shred???

Options
Wow, I have let my body go completely over the past 6 months. I'm getting ready to do Day 3 of the shred and I am sore, all over. Ibuprofen has been my friend over the past 24 hours.

Tell me I'm not alone in my pain, lol.

Replies

• oceanity
    oceanity Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not me....but the hubby and I were considering her 90 Revolution series as part of our workouts. I am choosing to start Stronglifts and hope to wrangle him into it, and continue with my running!!!

Glad to hear you feel run over...just teasing, but isn't that sore, achy feeling good? It makes you know that you are on the right track!!!!
  • loveya770
    Options
    I'm probably going to start tomorrow *eek* We will see :)
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    Day 4...I can walk a little better today and my arms feel MUCH better. :) Gearing up for this mornings workout...

Good luck with the Revolution and let me know how you like it!!
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    I took a day off after day 5 and finished Day 7 this morning. I felt very strong.

Is anybody else still doing this?
  • daniash19
    daniash19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. It is hell. I am so sore, And I have to wear a pad so I dont pee myself with the jumping jacks. LOL

But I weighed myself today and I am up 3 lbs. WTH is that all about?
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    I am sore 3-4 days and then it get better A lot of times when you start working out, your weight may go up due to water retention. Muscles hold onto water at first to repair.
    Drink a ton of water and don't weigh yourself until the end of the first week.
  • daniash19
    Options
    Feeling better today - I had to totally give up on the jumping jacks. I do the skipping and butt kicks instead.

I am drink 2L of water a day min. Plus I switched from coffee to tea. I really hope I lose 5 lbs this first round. I feel like I am doing everything I can to get rid of this weight. And this is the first time I took it this seriously. SO hopfully it will go away! And NEVER come back!!!
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    Started level 2, day 11 today. That is a TOUGH one. Don't be discouraged. I even had to remind myself the other day that it took months to put this on, it won't come off in a week or two.

That said, I ALWAYS see noticeable results by Day 20 doing the shred. It is worth it!!
  • daniash19
    Options
    Day 6 and I can almost make it through the whole thing now. Still have to stop once or twice to catch my breath or rest my arms. But I am almost there!! I am feeling alot better. Will weigh myself again on Tuesday and see if there is any change. DH measured me the other day so I will check that later this week, on day 10. I think i will check every 10 days in between the levels.

I am loving it now that I can walk again. LOL. Oh and I decided that with all the water I am drinking I am counting the 20 times I pee a day as squats :)
  • daniash19
    Options
    Started level 2 last night. I actually like it way more. Find it more challenging, yet easier on my sore joints.

Down 5 inches :) So excited about that!