Challenge introduction and joining instructions

Options
leilaphoenix
leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the next Seven Week challenge. We will be competing to lose 7lbs over a 7 week period starting on the 11th January and finishing on the 1st March. Each Friday you will need to come to this group and weigh in and I will post all of the results in a giant spreadsheet.

Last time I ran this challenge I had a load of n00bs who dropped out halfway through. So PLEASE only join if you have completeled the Christmas Challenge or are a friend of mine. Don't waste my time!

Ok, so this is going to be a fairly straightforward challenge. 7 weeks. 7lbs. Easy peasy.

To join, please reply to this post with the following information

1) Name
2) Location
3) Starting weight and date (when did you start your journey?)
4) Current weight
5) Goal weight
6) How you like to burn cals
7) Something unique about you

You will also need to weigh in on the 11th January. There will be a seperate thread for this so I can keep track of all the logs.

Let's do this.

GO

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    1) Leila
    2) Oxford, UK
    3) 196lbs, Feb 2011
    4) 142lbs
    5) 136lbs initially but probably would like to get down to 120lbs
    6) Cycle commuting most days and using my bike for as much transport as possible. I also run, do the 30DS and have been known to Zumba.
    7) I am absolutely driven. Once I put my mind to something I shall achieve it. I like to set myself impossible goals only to go and reach them.
  • tbullock11
    tbullock11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1) Tori
    2) Bluffton, IN
    3) 202 lbs September 24, 2012
    4) 191.6 lbs (after all the Holiday eating)
    5) 160 lbs initially but may try for lower once I hit 160
    6) I mainly burn my calories through running, walking and eliptical, but I am really wanting to start lifting.
    7) My husband and I just joined a gym together and we are going to do a similar competition between us. We are going to pick a date about 3 months out and for every pound we lose in that time we will put $2 in a jar and at the end whoever has lost the most gets the money :-)
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila

I would love to be in this challenge.I've put weight on over Xmas, of course, but it was delicious so I don't regret a single bite!

1) Charlie
    2) Surrey, UK
    3) 150lbs, Feb 2011
    4) 134lbs (this is a guess - I haven't been brave enough to weigh myself since Christmas!)
    5) 126lbs
    6) I do all my exercising at home using DVDs: ChaLean Extreme and Tae Bo are my favourites. I'm having a second attempt at P90x starting on 6th Jan.
    7) I reached my goal weight (and body fat of 20%) a while ago, only to then lose focus and put some on again. It's taking a while to get back there again but it's more about strength and fitness for me now rather than slimming down.

Can't wait to get started!
  • mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila

Count me in big time will not let you down what a great idea :))) xx

1) Mikee
    2) Bedford, Merry old UK
    3) 273 Pounds on the10th June 2012
    4) 248 Pounds (with the Christmas Gain of 17 pounds)
    5) Goal Weight is 210 Pounds, still big but x rugby player
    6) Walking and playing badmington like all sports really
    7) Like to dress up as Elvis, Lol, thank you very much
  • walk_fit
    walk_fit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Name- Renu
    Location- Maryland
    SW- 192
    CW- 191.7lbs
    GW- 160
    Walking,elliptical,dance DVD
    Positive outlook is my way of life.
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila, I would love to join this challenge. I am very close to my goal weight but will do my best to lose 1lb/week:smile:
    1) Maria
    2) North America
    3) SW-Sept-2012-138lbs
    4) CW-122lbs
    5) GW-for the challenge-115lbs
    6) I love to run a few times/week, walk with fiance a few times/week I also circuit train with weights(15 minute routine)-twice/week. A Romana Kryzanowska Pilates Mat routine once/week. And I just bought an aerobic step, and have been "loving" that a few times/week(sometimes instead of running!)
    7)Love Dr Who- all 11 doctors-expecially #9-Chris Eccleston-:heart: . And knew Jenna-Louise Coleman would be the next companion even when she was just acting in "The Asylum of the Daleks"! (intuition)
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Ann Marie
    Puerto Vallarta, MX
    August 8th, 2102
    Exercise room, weights and stationary bicycle at least 1 hr or more a day, 5 times a week.

I am an American Grandmother, living im Mexico. I travel to the US frequently to visit my three daughters and 12 grandchildren. I was born in Syracuse, NY but have lived im many places. I love to cook. I have been dieting on and off for many years. I like Jillian Michaels.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    I am Diana from Vancouver . BC .
    Joined MFP 3 years ago
    Gym , cardio .

I was diagnosted with thyroidis five years ago . Since then , my weight goes up and down like crazy . I am on Dukan Diet and works well for me . Probably I will be on it for the rest of my life I need to control my weight so I can have clothes that are one size and not a range from size 6 to size 12! lol...just picture my bras......
  • blake3284
    Options
    1) Michelle Blake
    2) Maryland
    3) Started journey at 252 in July 2006
    4) Currently 216 - 12/31/12
    5) Goal 165 - 170
    6) Treadmill, Zumba, Biking
    7) I reached my goal weight in the spring of 2008 but then life got in the way and now I'm committed to getting back to goal. I need to do it for myself and my 2 wonderful kids that I'm a totally single parent to.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    1) Julie
    2) Toronto, Canada
    3) Starting weight: 173lbs on August 6, 2012
    4) Current weight: 157lbs on December 25, 2012 (this is thanks to LeilaPhoenix for getting our *kitten* in gear through the descent into holiday splurging)
    5) Goal weight: 150lbs
    6) How you like to burn cals: Body Sculpt, Spin, Swim lengths, Strength training, Tennis - tons of tennis, and when it's not snowing, biking to work.
    7) Something unique about me: I am in better shape than either of my kids (who are 18 and 20) :smile:

Thanks LeilaPheonix - I look forward to Springing into a rock-solid body in March :-)
  • grinch333
    grinch333 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1) Tracy Llewellyn
    2) Rochester, MI
    3) 150
    4) 150
    5) 135
    6) Running, boot camps, strength training
    7) I'm to the first to do something for others, I put my needs last. This is why I need to join this challenge. For me. Thank you!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    1) Terry Owens
    2) Louisville, KY
    3) 190.2, May 2011
    4) CW: 153.4
    5) GW: 146.4
    6) I love to burn calories weight training & watching TV while on my treadmill
    7) I actually really like working out, depending on the exercise, but like to eat much more
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    1) Sue Geer
    2) Kent, UK
    3) 149.2; 13/1/11
    4) 148.5
    5) 130
    6) Gym & stationary bike
    7) I am a snowflake......no-one quite like me.....
  • Lady_Ann_2013
    Lady_Ann_2013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila,
    I'm ready to go

1. Ann
    2. MIRAMAR, Fl
    3. 141lbs, March 2012
    4. 135lbs
    5. 125lbs (eventually to 120lbs)
    6. Elliptical, Bow flex, P90X
    7. I tend to lose focus on my journey to a healthy weight because I don't have the support when I am at my low points (now I can
    Come on here and get that support :))
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi Leila

1) Michelle
    2) Harrow, Middlesex (UK)
    3) 165 Nov 2012
    4) 154
    5) For Challenge - 147
    6) Exercise DVD's - Jillian Michaels, Keli Roberts, Tae Bo, lots of walking, strength training with my barbell at home
    7) I don't know if there is anything unique about me - I think I smile too much and it can irritate people sometimes but apart from that...........:smile:
  • Axiell
    Axiell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1) Stan
    2) Alberta
    3) 246 lb / Oct 2012
    4) 236.3
    5) 170-180ish
    6) Walking / Treadmill / ACE PALA+ / Going to try some of the XBox Kinect programs
    7) Interested in far too many things - need real focus and motivation to stay with any one thing for extended periods of time, these challenges are just the ticket for that.
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.. Excited to start this challenge. Idid poorly in teh Christmas one not loosing a single lbs after allthe excersise and eating, then put on 5lbs on Vacation... ick.. SO here goes!

1) Sara
    2) Vancouver Island, BC
    3) 167lbs - September 2011
    4) 162
    5) 145
    6) Dancing, Zumba, trying to love Running (5k and 10k)-
    7) I love cooking, kind of my downfall, especially baking.. Love Mexican food and recently lerned a hole bunch of new receipes...
  • hotsashno1
    hotsashno1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1) Sasha
    2) London
    3) 236.8 01/11/13 (New Year 2013)
    4) 232
    5) 180 (for now)
    6) Walking and Zumba
    7) I'm a business owner creating hair products for Naturally curly hair
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    1) Otis
    2) Puerto Vallarta, MX
    3) 203 01/13/13
    4) 203
    5) 190
    6) Aerobic Walking & Pilates & weights
    7) Retired USAF Pilot living in Paradise!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    1. Helen
    2. Oxford, UK
    3. 191 lbs (Jan 2011)
    4. 133.8 lbs
    5. 126 lbs (this is almost perfect, 7 lbs!)
    6. Pole dancing as an art form and avoiding buses.
    7. I'm a biochemist determined to further the frontiers of medical science - just finishing my Masters now!