Daily "Howdys"

Options
2»

Replies

• lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Good morning.. I am sitting enjoying my morning quiet. Everyone is still asleep. My kids don't go back until Monday and neither do I. My husband is home until Monday too. He is working from home this week, since not much is going on at the office.

I too peeked at the scale this am. I am a daily weigher. I don't freak out about the numbers, I just look at the trend and how certain foods affect my weight. I have been getting activity at home doing major cleaning / moving furniture around, but today I would like to get to the gym. I also have pt this afternoon for my neck.

I was thinking we should start a new thread each morning: labeled with the date to check in. Otherwise this thread will get too large to sort through. What do other think? We could start a new one tomorrow and just keep this one going today, so we don't lose the people who already checked in.

Lelah
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think a different thread for each day would be a good idea.

My hubby is at work and both of my kiddos are still sleeping. I'm enjoying the quiet before the craziness of our day begins.
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    Good Afternoon! I hope everyone has had a great day today! I was up at the crack of dawn but once again with an awful headache, thought I was going to get my exercising in early today but it will be saved for tonight after the kids go to bed.

Hope you all have a good evening!

Julie
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I think a different thread for each day would be a good idea.

My hubby is at work and both of my kiddos are still sleeping. I'm enjoying the quiet before the craziness of our day begins.
    Good idea...:wink:
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Since I'm so far ahead of most of you I'm on Friday already. I got "yelled at" by MFP on Thursday for not eating enough calories. I tried but I had to fast for 12 hours before going to have blood drawn and I didn't have the urge to snack at all (which I count as a good thing) and I even took it easy on the treadmill! Oh well. Today feels like it might be an overage day, since I'm not sure I'm going to make it to the gym or track and I've already started by eating too much at breakfast (it's the best meal of the day over here!) Anyway... Hope everyone had a great day!

(PS: I was going to start a Friday thread, but then I realized it's still Thursday for a lot of you, so I'll keep waiting to say "Happy Friday")
  • punkin_p
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope this is where I introduce myself. I'm new to myfitnesspal and I've just started lifting heavy three days a week (I'm doing Starting Strength and loving it). I have around 40 lbs to lose, maybe more, maybe less. Being new to lifting, my goal is to increase my strength and muscle mass while losing fat if I can, and it should be possible at least for a while.

I suspect my progress will be sporadic right now, maybe losing a few pounds in a week, maybe losing none, until I can nail down how many calories I need to eat to support muscle growth without fat gain. It's going to take some trial and error. Hopefully though, once I figure that out and the newness of the lifting wears off I'll be able to make steady weight loss of 1 lb per week while still increasing my lifts every week. Wish me luck! Recomp is supposed to be difficult to pull off.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's an EVENING Howdy for me today LOL Hope everyone is doing great.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... what a crazy day!!! So glad it is over and the weekend is starting.