Anyone starting this for the new year?

Options
Hello all! I started this DVD today. Just want to see if there are others out there doing the same thing.

I am working on the Ripped in 30 video and just finished the first workout. I had originally thought that I would start with 30 Day Shred, but I couldn't find that video today. I have it, but don't know where it is!

Good news is that I survived....bad news is that I have 29 days to go! However, I will do it!!!!

Funny thing is that I have read about some people that hate JM and the way that she coaches. However, I found myself highly motivated to push harder! At one point, when JM says, "you are not gonna stop", I totally screamed, "No, I am not gonna stop! I will not stop!" Ha! :) My kids thought I was crazy!

Good luck to each of you!

Replies

• mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I had done most of 30DS last year and I really like Jillian. Like a lot of people on MFP, I have been a member for a while, but need to jump start for the new year. Was going to do 30DS again, but decided to try RI30...so far, not too bad! Anyone else out there starting now??
  • mommyz722
    Options
    I just started today. Great workout! I just did the 30ds and that was awesome as well. I did not get amazing results beacause I ate stuff I should not have, Lol I want to do it right this time! Good luck!
  • princesspink_27
    princesspink_27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday after completing 30DS on Friday. I got amazing results from that, although I was really strict with my diet, so hoping now RI30 will help me maintain my new shape and maybe even tone my tummy a bit more. I have enjoyed my first two days so fingers crossed it will continue.
  • Jenn641
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I did the 30DS a few months ago, then fell off. After the holidays, I definitely needed to get back on the workout train!!! After just one day of Ripped in 30, I can already tell it's a more intense workout than the 30DS, which makes me happy. I didn't see great results, if any, from 30DS, and was kinda bummed :/ If anything, I felt like I got THICKER in my waist and thighs - weird, right?? This time I'm going to push myself to workout 5 times a week, and really get the results I want. Let's keep each other motivated!! :)
  • bharris71
    bharris71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just finished up my 1st day. Looking forward to the rest of it and hope I have great results. I am mixing it with the C25K. Is anyone else combining their workouts?
  • mommyz722
    Options
    Just finished up my 1st day. Looking forward to the rest of it and hope I have great results. I am mixing it with the C25K. Is anyone else combining their workouts?

I completed day 7 week 1 this morning. I really like it so far. I also am doing a program on my treadmill at least 5X per week. Good job and keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Jenn641
    Options
    I'm not combining, but just completed day 3 week 1 last night and am finally starting to get over the pain. I must be more out of shape than I thought - RI30 is kicking my butt! Glad it's tougher than the 30DS...feel like I get a more intense, well-rounded workout with this program. Good luck all!
  • afadedphotox
    Options
    I just started today. When I purchased the DVD, I was debating between buying this and buying the 30DS. This one is certainly tough, but I'm going to try and keep going.

Has anyone had to stick with the week 1 workout for more than a week before moving to week 2?

I want to master each move in week 1 before moving on, but I don't think the program is supposed to work that way. Thoughts?
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just started this today. How's everyone progressing?
  • janadecker
    janadecker Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 days into week one. It's a butt kicker for sure!
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am on my second time of doing this whole workout. I am actually on the last day of Week 4 and can notice a huge improvment in my muscles and just the way I feel. It is a great workout if you put in the effort to do it, I did it six days a week day seven recovery.