Day 3

Options
vhaynes83
vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
I know a majority are on day 3 but I started a couple of days earlier before I saw this challenge so it is day 5 for me :). The first couple of day I was sore but this morning when I woke up I was pretty good :) The workout has goten easier. The only thing is I'm a single mom so I have to take little breaks because a little someone wants my attention. Why is it when i'm not busy she wants nothin to do with me and the moment I take for myself she is all over me. It is cute to see a 20 month old trying to jumping jacks though.

How is everyone else doing on their challenge?

Replies

• L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know a majority are on day 3 but I started a couple of days earlier before I saw this challenge so it is day 5 for me :). The first couple of day I was sore but this morning when I woke up I was pretty good :) The workout has goten easier. The only thing is I'm a single mom so I have to take little breaks because a little someone wants my attention. Why is it when i'm not busy she wants nothin to do with me and the moment I take for myself she is all over me. It is cute to see a 20 month old trying to jumping jacks though.

How is everyone else doing on their challenge?

Welcome! I too started a little earlier and am on day 4.

I feel suprisingly great and I am ready for today.
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I made it through day 3. My legs are a little sore, but it seems to be a little easier.
    My children do the same thing, ignore me when I am not busy and as soon as I do something they are stuck to me like glue. I found that it is easier getting up early before they wake to complete this.
  • monasuli
    Options
    I just finished day 3!!
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done!
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    just finished day 3 and.. wait for it... its my birthday!! how commited am i:flowerforyou: i found it so so easy compared to day 1!! i feel changes already :bigsmile:
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    just finished day 3 and.. wait for it... its my birthday!! how commited am i:flowerforyou: i found it so so easy compared to day 1!! i feel changes already :bigsmile:

That's awsome. My birthday was yesterday :)
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    No day 3 for me today ;) I slept in, like an hour and a half over, and its going to be 41c/105f today so too hot to be jumping around like a fool. I will do 2 sessions tomorrow to make it up :)
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday!!!

I completed day 3 earlier this morning. I'm so glad I woke up a little less sore so it wasn't as bad today ; )
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday!! Just finished day 3 earlier and am feeling the soreness in my legs and thighs ... but its alright the end result will be worth it :)
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1 last Friday and Day 2 on Saturday but then took a few days off because we had guests with a small baby staying with us. I just completed another day today. I'm not sure if I should start over and count it as Day 1 or Day 3. What would you do?
  • katrinas626
    Options
    Day 3 in the books!
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of working out for 2013. Day 2 of Shred because I did 60 minutes of Zumba last night. My arms are feeling sore, but it feels good. I'm trying to push myself as hard as I can but I'm still struggling to keep up with the 3 ladies in level 1. Cardio isn't bad but I can't stand the ab workouts. I've always hated ab workouts which I'm sure is why my abs are the weakest part of my body. I also did a 12 minute mile walk (Leslie Sansone DVD) and the stretch after the workout. Looking forward to tomorrow night. Oh and Happy Birthday to everyone with a birthday in January. :)
  • anieves815
    anieves815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 3 down! I'm feeling soreness in my lower body, mainly my thighs. After Jillian, I hopped on the treadmill for 30 min to get some extra cardio in. I'm loving this so far! Even my mother has been inspired and has vowed to do the month with me!
  • skshaw
    skshaw Posts: 2
    Options
    Overslept this morning, but completed day 3 after the kids went to bed tonight. I think it might be getting easier already. Or maybe I didn't try as hard. Either way, I made it through, taking fewer breaks than I did in the last two days. I feel like I've gained weight though. I'm refusing to weigh until a week has passed. Hopefully it's just my imagination...
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    For the first time, I did the whole workout without stopping! I was able to do the side lunges with front raises without having to drop one of my dumbbells as well. I found myself Peter-Panning* while I was working out to drown out Jillian's voice and it certainly helped me forget I was lifting weights. Yay for completing 10% of the program.:bigsmile:

*Peter-Panning = thinking happy thoughts like being on the beach, traveling abroad, etc.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I found Day 3 the hardest to actually start - not from anything physical (in fact, it was the first day I wasn't sore!) more just a strange lack of motivation. I made grand plans to do it in the morning and while I did get up to see my mum off to work, I made the spontaneous decision to go back to bed instead of shredding...FOR 3 HOURS! I guess the first 2 days caught up with me. But once I actually did it, I felt great!

I've just finished Day 4 now. Today was my first day at work since starting the shred (I'm at uni so work part time) so I planned to do it as soon as I got home. Great plan, except I came home via my best friend's house and didn't get home until 8.00! A little tip for the rest of you ladies: don't shred when it has been 41 degree celsius (105 fahrenheit), you've been on your feet all day and have literally just consumed a bowl of spaghetti!!! However, I made it through, and feel great (albeit hot!) now.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    well completed day three last night and was proud I only stopped twice and that was Jillian was explaining what to do for water. I'm not as tired nor sore this morning like the first two moring. But the weeks I'm afraid of are 3 & 4 lol
  • L_Stradford
    Options

Don't know how I missed this yesterday but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Good job on working out on your special day! I hope it was awesome!
  • L_Stradford
    Options
    No day 3 for me today ;) I slept in, like an hour and a half over, and its going to be 41c/105f today so too hot to be jumping around like a fool. I will do 2 sessions tomorrow to make it up :)

Better than where I am, in Maryland and it is cold as I don't know what here. 30 degrees at night and 40 degrees during the day. Fabulous.....can't workout outside because I do not like the cold weather. Send some of your heat my way.
  • L_Stradford
    Options
    I started Day 1 last Friday and Day 2 on Saturday but then took a few days off because we had guests with a small baby staying with us. I just completed another day today. I'm not sure if I should start over and count it as Day 1 or Day 3. What would you do?

I personally would make this decision by measuring my endurance. Today is day 5 for me. Day 1 was hell, as was day 2, then it got a bit better on day 3. Surprisingly though, day 4 was very easy for me and I had no pain. I did every push-up, sit-up, lunge, squat, and jump rope move (which I didn't do all the way on days 1-3). That is how I know my body is strengthening and getting used to Level 1.

If you do Level 1 today and it's just as bad as it was on day 1, then I think you should continue on with it until it becomes easier and maybe a little bit longer than 10 days to just catch your body up to your mind.