Welcome all!

Options
Thanks for the show of interest! Our first official weigh in will be tomorrow but even if you miss that it doesn't mean you can't just jump in! We all work at our own paces. I will keep a running chart of measurements and miles walked. If you go two weigh ins with out posting a reason for your delay you will be dropped just to keep things manageable.

If you have any questions just let me know!

Welcome to the Trail!

Name:
Start Weight:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight:
Why you want to join:

Replies

• jamiellis11
    Options
    I think this is a grat idea!

I am Jami and my goal is to lose 70 pounds. I was running, but it got too difficult after my achilles' tendon injury. Walking is easier for me, and better for my heart!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I love hiking in nature when I get a chance. When I don't, about 1/3 of my calories burned are still from walking around my city. I've hiked small bits of the Appalachian Trail and would love to one day hike the entire Israel Trail (Israel's equivalent of the AT).

As for weight goals, I started at or above 155 and wanted to get down to 135. I've broken the 140 mark and am reconsidering my final goal since clothes that used to be tight at 135 are fitting already. I'll probably switch to using measurements instead of scale weight.
  • GiftsbyNature
    GiftsbyNature Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think this is a grat idea!

I am Jami and my goal is to lose 70 pounds. I was running, but it got too difficult after my achilles' tendon injury. Walking is easier for me, and better for my heart!

Great! I Understand! I broke my back years ago and being a top heavy lady and running is tough to make happen. I love to walk, and the great thing about this is - walking can be planned time or miles, or with a pedometer from through out your day! I'm so glad to see others interested!
    Sweet! I love hiking in nature when I get a chance. When I don't, about 1/3 of my calories burned are still from walking around my city. I've hiked small bits of the Appalachian Trail and would love to one day hike the entire Israel Trail (Israel's equivalent of the AT).

As for weight goals, I started at or above 155 and wanted to get down to 135. I've broken the 140 mark and am reconsidering my final goal since clothes that used to be tight at 135 are fitting already. I'll probably switch to using measurements instead of scale weight.

What a wonderful goal! I've hiked two mountains in the smokey mountain range and it was a breath taking adventure. I hope to get back into the woods when the weather warms up. ( Yes I am a wuss its in the 40s and i'm done with nature for a month or two lol)

You've done a great job losing weight and I am so glad you are joining us on our "hike!"
  • Dunc1947
    Dunc1947 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Mike
    Start Weight: 210
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal Weight: 150
    Why you want to join: Why not? I used to walk the AT in Georgia and North Carolina and I don't live that far from it in VA. It would be great to get in good enough trim to finish hiking the entire trail. I was camping at Baxter State Park this summer and it is very pretty there.
  • GiftsbyNature
    GiftsbyNature Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Name: Mike
    Start Weight: 210
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal Weight: 150
    Why you want to join: Why not? I used to walk the AT in Georgia and North Carolina and I don't live that far from it in VA. It would be great to get in good enough trim to finish hiking the entire trail. I was camping at Baxter State Park this summer and it is very pretty there

That is awesome; We climbed chimey rock and crowders mtn, in NC this year and hope to get to a lot more mountains in the coming spring :-)
  • Dunc1947
    Dunc1947 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiking in NC is wonderful, I have some very fond memories of that area.
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Name: Shannon
    Start Weight: 236
    Current Weight: 199
    Goal Weight: 128
    Why you want to join: I want to live a long and healthy life for my children and be able to enjoy an active golden era. I hope to start hiking the AT for real in November during Thanksgiving break with my teenage children. My son especially loves cold weather camping.
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome Guwisti! Please introduce yourself. I hope we can get this group going again!