New in 2013

Options
So what new horror movies have you heard about that you are looking forward to seeing this year? I'm curious to see how the new Evil Dead movie is going to be. Normally I don't care for remakes, but this one I'm actually looking forward to seeing.

Replies

• jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm really liking the previews for Mama. It looks creepy. I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I will see World War Z. The book was so great, but I don't think the movie will follow the same format. Warm Bodies looks funny.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I would also like to see Mama....I'm thinking about going to the theater this weekend to see Texas Chainsaw 3D
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you go, let me know how it was. I did a little reading about the film and it's supposed to be a direct sequel to the original film. I haven't been a big fan of the other films of the franchise. Have a great weekend!
  • TamAD48
    Options
    My son and I went yesterday to see Texas Chainsaw, we saw the regular version instead of the 3D one. I actually enjoyed the movie. I've read so many negative things about it and also a lot of people are referring to it as a "remake". It is not a remake!! The first maybe 10 minutes are the events that took place directly after what happened in the original (not ruining anything here because if you read about the movie it says that), the remainder of the movie takes place twenty something years later. I didn't find it scary at all, and you can tell which scenes are suppose to be the 3D ones. I don't think there was enough of them to justify the additional admission cost for the 3D version of it.
  • smendo929
    Options
    Evil Dead remake HANDS DOWN.
    I cannot stop watching the latest trailer. It's amazing.

Have yet to see Texas Chainsaw massacre 3D.
  • TamAD48
    Options
    Evil Dead does look like it's gonna be good...saw a trailer for it when I went to see Texas Chainsaw
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    So what new horror movies have you heard about that you are looking forward to seeing this year? I'm curious to see how the new Evil Dead movie is going to be. Normally I don't care for remakes, but this one I'm actually looking forward to seeing.

I'm the same, I usually hate remakes, I did like what Rob Zombie did with Halloween though, but I am curious to see the Evil Dead remake.

Otherwise I'm a bit behind, as usual. I don't have a lot of trust in new horror so I usually don't bother until it's released to rent, wanting to see American Mary and V/H/S in that respect.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the trailer for Trance - this is another one I want to see when it releases
  • horrorlady
    horrorlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    want to see the last exorcism part 2.... guess that w\one wasnt the last one after all!
    :laugh: