Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rewards?

Hpetrie
Hpetrie Posts: 21 Member
How does everyone reward their weightloss? Just looking for ideas... I know it sounds silly, but it can be a really effective self motivator! Like my reward for hitting my goal weight, when it happens, is to go on a cruise! Can't wait to see everyone's ideas!

Replies

• rellim218
    rellim218 Posts: 6 Member
    That is a nice reward! I haven't thought about it enough, but would probably take a weekend trip, or new shoes! or new clothes!
    Maybe that all time coveted peaceful few hours alone in my own house to read!
  • Hpetrie
    Hpetrie Posts: 21 Member
    I think I'm going to set small rewards for every 5 - 10 pounds... all non-food related... working on my list... I was thinking like maybe something like: 5# a bottle of my favorite lotion, 10# the movie with my hubby, 15# some new earrings, 20# a new outfit.... etc.etc.etc. that way, I know what I'm working towards... might be a great thing to give yourself... I'm going to make a list of about 20 things and see how it goes... a day off from work, a new book, a new pair of shoes, a long hot bubble bath, a massage, a new hairstyle/color... anyone else have any ideas?
  • shushy70
    shushy70 Posts: 26 Member
    those are great rewards , but the most rewarding thing is to be able to fit into old clothes . I use my family trips to keep me motivated , we are going to universal this summer , I do not want to be embarrassed and not fit on rides , so i will make sure `i lose weight ,lol .
    My ultimate reward will be a new wardrobe !