need friends to help with motivation.

Options
sfagans
sfagans Posts: 13 Member
I struggle with staying motivated to keep work on this weight loss goal. I want immediate results and when it doesn't happen in a few weeks or months will lose the motivation to keep going. I'm currently back in the gym and working off an 1800 calorie program specified by my doctor. He wants me to lose 30(+) pounds by March and I was supposed to start in August. I will start then stop I need motivation to keep it moving. Thank Stephanie

Replies

• YB1966
    Options
    My story sounds similar to yours. I have struggles with my weight for years, but in the last year i have tried to get serious about it. I did WW for about 8 months and lost 25 lbs, but then i lost the motivation and i could see the weight creep back on. Not alot just a few pounds.
    Last week I went to the doctor for the dreaded yearly physical and my doctor (he is really the best) talked to me for a while about my weight struggles.He did not suggest a weight loss number but we examined my height vs weight and the healthy BMI that i should be at. He directed me to this website and I really enjoy it. Registering your food intake makes it real. The website suggested a 1500 calorie program but i switched to an 1800 calorie program as that seems more realistic for me as i do not want to get discouraged.
    So i am hoping this website and people like you Stephanie can keep me motivated and on track.
    Let's do it together!!!
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm right there with ya! I had a hip injury last year which required surgery, 6 weeks of crutches and 6 months of little to no activitiy left me with a 20 - 25 weight gain! I'm finally to the point where it is time to take my health and fitness back into my hands and get rid of this weight once and for all!

I'm going to do a 1500 calorie diet with a 2 - 2.5 mile walk along with some light weights to get it off. I am shooting for a 1 May to 1 June timeline, but am realistic enough to know it may take longer.

I'd love to join in with you! The more motivation we have the better our successes!

Kat
  • sfagans
    sfagans Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you both. I think that if we keep encouraging each other we can make it. If you don't mind I going to add you both as friends.
  • Kayakgirl72
    Options
    Just starting this journey again, and my name is Stephanie as well =) Be thrilled to have someone to work with! You can do this...hang in there.
  • maryq5
    maryq5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I look at old pix and don't recognize myself. I think I might be a stress-eater. I have asthma & lupup..both have been under control beforeby following a natural food diet.. I'd love to get back to a healthy weight so I can be active with my boys (ages 7-16). So here I am... starting again. I'd love to lose 30lbs and be able to do anything without getting out of breath. I need someone to kick me in the butt... or hide the chocolate.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi there! I was super motivated to lose - and did it.... Finding maintenance difficult - weight's going up and down - mostly up since Christmas :( Happy to provide encouragement & support and could use some myself. Feel free to add me - I'm on daily. Thanks - best to all of you!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You can do this!! If I can, anybody can :smile:
  • Jazzmene
    Jazzmene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the group for me! I am currently unemployed, which is playing havoc with my health. I feel so lost without a routine and tend to fill my hours by cooking and eating. I have been successful with online tracking before so, I think we can offer some real direction and make this happen!
  • binor
    binor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I lost thirty pounds last yer and then got lazy and gained 15 back. I need to join a group of friends to keep me motivated.
  • kitkat_46510
    kitkat_46510 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for friends to keep me motivated! Please add me
  • msnique2
    msnique2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would love to connect. I'm open for new connections to help keep me motivated.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • MrsTre
    MrsTre Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are off to the right start by seeking support. I believe you can do it one step at a time.
  • DawnM411
    DawnM411 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think I found the group for me! When I hit 45 or so, I hit a brick wall! And after I went back to work part time where I sit on rear for 8.5 hours (more or less) didn't help matters. Last winter I started a program when I set a wedding dated - but with 6 weeks to plan a wedding its hard to focus on weight loss. And besides, the dress fit, so I wouldn't have time for alterations - well that was my excuse. I look at pictures from my honeymoon and I am dismayed at how I look in a bathing suit! Fast forward to now.....almost nothing fits - even the new pants I bought in November because I gained 10 pounds while being sick for the better part of two months!! So here I am trying to reach a healthier weight and become more active.

I am on a 1200 calories a day - I might need to readjust that though. Thats what came up when I said I wanted to loose 2 pounds a week. So we shall see!