Excited to meet everyone

Options
Hello everyone..

I'm new to MFP and looking for some friends.. I loved reading everyones posts, we all sound like we're in the same boat.. having support from others who know what its like to have alot to lose, even though we set small goals it can be overwhelming.. I was getting ready to sign up for WW Again (5th or 6th time) and I found this instead.. I like the accountability of WW, being weighed in, it always drove me to do better Until I'd have a bad week which would lead into several bad weeks and that would be the end of it.. I've also considered surgery but it scares me, Im terrified of being put under and the whole surgery in general.. Im not against it, I have a friend who had it a year ago and she looks and feels amazing but its just not for me.. Ive read several success stories on here and its very encouraging, I CAN DO THIS!! Im excited to be here and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Replies

• margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I did WW a few times but the last time I had a very bad experience while weighing in. I gained 2 pounds and the lady very rudely asked me "do you know what YOU did wrong to gain all this!?!". I was livid. I KNEW, I was born a girl. It was a female issue that I deal with once a month, it's called WATER RETENTION. So, I never went back. I personally like the MFP better. No meetings, great support, and it's free ;>)

Surgery, I thought about it myself but it scares me too. I have a bad tendency to get infections after surgery (2 c-sections). Plus, I figure if I had the willpower to eat like I'd have to after surgery, I would have never gotten this big. I also have a couple friends who did it and they lost fast but gained back just as fast. So, sine I've been doing good so far, I'll keep doing this!

Again, WELCOME!
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and we will encourage each other. I too have joined WW over and over again. Tried to have the surgery but was turned down and my insurance won't pay. Besides it is just a tool. You still have to diet, exercise and work at it. I know of several people who have gained some of it back or stop losing. Plus you have to go through all of the sickness. We all need to do a lifestyle change to get it off and keep it off.....we just have to make up our minds and do it! I have also joined a long term challenge at skinnyo.com.....Good Luck....you can do it!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone..

I'm new to MFP and looking for some friends.. I loved reading everyones posts, we all sound like we're in the same boat.. having support from others who know what its like to have alot to lose, even though we set small goals it can be overwhelming.. I was getting ready to sign up for WW Again (5th or 6th time) and I found this instead.. I like the accountability of WW, being weighed in, it always drove me to do better Until I'd have a bad week which would lead into several bad weeks and that would be the end of it.. I've also considered surgery but it scares me, Im terrified of being put under and the whole surgery in general.. Im not against it, I have a friend who had it a year ago and she looks and feels amazing but its just not for me.. Ive read several success stories on here and its very encouraging, I CAN DO THIS!! Im excited to be here and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hello.
    Going by your counter, it seems we have similar overall weight loss goals. I need to lose about 200-220 pounds (depending on which goal weight I want to get to)total. I have lost 57 since May, so it is possible. I still need to lose about 150 or more pounds, but I try not to look that far down the road. I change my goals as I reach them. For example, my first goal was to be down 35 pounds by my birthday in September, so I set my goal weight at 35 less than what I started with. It helps me not to get overwelmed with the big numbers. :)
    Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • ShellyTN
    ShellyTN Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me, too!

I've talked to several friends that have had surgery and it scares me, too. I need to do this myself...to feel a sense of accomplishment. We can do this!!!!
  • Highlanderlover
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me and anyone else can add me too!
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's great to have you here!

Speaking from experience this is the best thing I've ever come across when it comes to weight loss (short of college football practice). I started the week before easter this past April and hope to be down 100 pounds before my daughters first birthday (Valentines Day). I've done WW and actually had the Gastric Banding surgery and have had limited success at both but have never been able to sustain it as long as I have here.

Best of luck to everyone in 2013! Feel free to add me as well.
  • misswallie2u
    misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This place is awesome for support! We are all pretty much working towards the same thing.. So, that makes it easy to relate to others on here. Welcome! Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone-

I am new to MFP as well, and another WW dropout. :wink:

I am a mom of 2 wife of 1. I have a 7 year old daughter and a 2 year old son that I want to be a better example for. I am definitely an emotional eater who needs accountability and support. This seems like a great group for just that!

Anyone who wants another friend....add away!