Day 3 - Excuses

Day 3 - Excuses

Today I'm going to talk about excuses. Many people fail to achieve their weight loss goals because of them. When I decided to really get serious and lose the weight, I knew excuses would not be an option, and I took this seriously.

I stopped making excuses for not getting my workouts in months ago. I get them in. Period. I started out working out 5 times per week for an hour. I needed flexibility so I had to develop a plan if I did miss a day of working out. That plan became adding the missed workout to my next workout. So when people would ask me, "how often do you workout?" I tell them, "5 times or 5 HOURS per week." That means if I miss an hour one day, my next workout will be 2 hours. Whether I like it or not. I had to let go of making excuses or saying oh I'll just workout tomorrow. This seriously hinders our results!!!! So if you're taking a day off from the gym that's not scheduled, I hope you're planning on adding it to the next workout day you have!

What changes will you make to combat the excuses?

Please share what you have or will incorporate to stick to your fitness goals!

Xo,

Brittny

Replies

• beccaanne78
    beccaanne78 Posts: 15 Member
    Adding time to your next work out to make up for it is a great idea! I had never actually thought about that, if i missed a workout , I just missed it!
  • No more excuses works well!! I do the same thing you do. If I skip a workout I double up the next week. Today is cardio day for me and I AM GOING!!!!
  • Im rewarding myself for every week that I do stay on schedule so that motivates me not to make any excuses. Example: I bought me some really cute work out clothes this week b/c I have been pushing so hard to make this happen for me and Ive stayed on track even when I seriously wanted to give up. My next reward is new workout shoes, and I'll keep adding from there ie: new bag etc.
  • MrsHollins85
    MrsHollins85 Posts: 9 Member
    Great POST!!!! Im loving these they are all hitting home for me! My excuse was I have no time! I worked out a way to get to work extra early make sure the kiddos were not late or too early for school.... I pack all my things I mean FULL luggage makeup kit clothing etc everything I need I keep my bag at my desk and just get my butt up early thats it nothing is going to change from talking about it...I knew all I needed was to do it and thats what I am doing JUST DO IT !!!!
  • letcor
    letcor Posts: 1
    I have never thought about seeing my weekly work outs in hours. I definitely will start to set a goal for how many hours I should do in a week!

Thanks!