New Years Resolutions - any thoughts?

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
Well I haven't given a whole lot of thought to my New Years resolution - generally speaking I have never really kept one. I look back at 2012 and think about what a great year it has been for me personally. I have accomplished A LOT!!! so I just want to go into 2013 continuing my journey and hope to make the best of what it brings. Although I would like to run a 5K in under 30 minutes - Is that really too much to ask??? :wink: .

I want to thank you all for your support over the last year and wish you all the best in the upcoming year. I hope that we add to our lists of WLS friends and that we continue to support each other through our journeys. Keep up the great work everyone. I am proud of you all and what you have accomplished and what you will accomplish!!!! Cheers!!! :drinker:

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wow. I haven't even thought of a New Year's Resolution. I also have never kept one for more than a week or so. 2012 for me was a long journey that ended well in some ways, and not so well in others. For the first time in 12 years I am on the road to better health and weight loss. It was a very long road getting my surgery approved. I had absolute angels working so hard for me at my surgeon's office. After three denials and finally obtaining and submitting 172 pages of medical records, I was finally approved for Gastric Bypass and had the procedure done on 9/27. I think my resolution has to be to just continue on the path to better health. I could honestly do better with my exercise, so maybe that should be my goal. Good luck to everyone who is also on this journey!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My NY's resolution is to continue learning healthy eating and changing my bad habits into better habits. To become healthier... And with all that - have fun!
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    I have many NYRs but here are my top three!

1. Continue following my doc's orders and have success in losing weight. I would like to be at goal by next December. :)
    2. Run an entire 5K without walking.
    3. Finish grad school. Phew, that would be amazing.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I started "2013 challenge to lose 52 lbs". Hope to see everyone there. It's my new years resolution. Make it yours too.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't do New Year's resolutions. For the same reason that I never say "I'll start on Monday." The best time to start is NOW. Not some arbitrary time period that is essentially meaningless and puts unnecessary pressure on people to do something or they will be a failure.

Nope. I'm not a failure. I don't need a particular day to start something. I've already started. And if I haven't started yet, or am not ready yet, one day is not going to magically make it happen.

Just my 2 cents, though. Good luck to everyone on their resolutions, if you have one! :flowerforyou:
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My goals for next year....(1) Survive grad school while I am still working full-time (2) run an entire 5K without having to walk and (3) start lifting heavy (I have been told I need to do this along with my cardio for best results)
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid "resolutions". I feel they are made to be broken. I have a few goals for this year:

1) continue to eat and live a healthy life
    2) increase my exercise to 5 days a week
    3) reach my goal of 175 lbs by 12/31/13.

We can do this!!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Who needs New Year Resolutions? We're living our resolution, and succeeding, right?!!
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    1) wear my wedding ring set again (after having it sized many time up and down)....this time I want to size me into the ring instead of ring being sized to me
    2) scratch my back without any help from my back scratcher or someone else
    3) get in and out of a bathtub without help
    4) put on socks and shoes without help
    5) see and tie my shoes
    6) sit in a lawn chair without it breaking (LOL)
    7) shop for a new wardrobe...I'm limited in the clothes that I have right now
    8) have my pic taken without me hiding in the back so the pic doesn't show my whole body
    9) get on and off the floor without help
    10) lose 52 lbs or more in 12 months
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I want to start an exercise routine with weight training and do couch to 5K
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    Update....I was able to see, put on , and tie my socks and shoes TODAY...2 of my goals are down and 8 to go
  • Maylene1217
    Maylene1217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine are

1. Get back to my perfect weight of 138
    2. Eat clean more often then not, especially more meals that are vegetarian in nature.
    3. Learn to knit. I figure if I keep my hands busy I won't snack while watching tv.
    4. Get good grades, since I'm finally headed back to school!
    5. Exercise more. Specifically picking up roller blading.
  • kasmusic3PA
    kasmusic3PA Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I really didn't think about making resolutions this year, so much has been going on
    This new year. I have already begun an amazing transformation and I want to continue
    This journey.

1. To continue my 5 days at the YMCA for cardio and strengthening .
    2. To reach attainable goals set throughout this year
    3. Continue attending the wonderful support group
    4. Continue to provide support and friendship to MFP friends

Well that's it for now.

Thanks everyone
    Kathy