Challenge 3 - January 4, 2013

Options
So here is today's challenge and some clarity around the challenges in general:

"I just wanted to clarify that ONLY WEDNESDAY CHALLENGES are counted towards team advantages or team tracking. The daily style challenges are intended to keep people engaged with their teams and hopefully keep people motivated and start conversations among the group.

Friday's challenge is to plan ahead. What is a difficult situation you think you might encounter this weekend? What would you like the outcome to be?

This might be a playoff party where there will be lots of snacks and drinks, a favorite excuse to skip the gym, too many cocktails with your friends, the weekend seems to be full of potential pitfalls. What will you do to stay in the driver's seat?"

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My difficulties this weekend, and any for that matter is that I work really hard over the week. I clean on the weekend, and I feel that after cleaning, there is nothing I want to do but play video games and sometimes feed my sweet tooth.

I just plan to relax this weekend still. I have a conference call with a nutritionist and a group and it's my first one this year so I'm excited on that. I also plan to start Turbo Fire in a fitness group thing with my dad on Monday, so I'd hate to let him down by throwing it out this weekend. I'm going to keep that in mind and just try to ignore my urges for chocolate and peanut butter.

I want the outcome to basically be I enjoyed my weekend and relaxed, and I didn't over eat or make excuses to NOT eat healthy as I'm sitting here thinking "oh but wawa would be great for lunch tomorrow." and I'm trying to remind myself, no, it wouldn't be.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    eazieske would like to challenge all of us to do 30min of fun dancing today and this weekend.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I never have plans for the weekend!!! i just want to be able to not over eat as i usally do if you guys can help me like send me encoarage ment or pick at me this weekend!!! my plan is to drink more water and try to plan out my meals for the next week.... and i am going to dance at least 30 min every day this weekend!!! we all love to dance so just turn up the music and dance dance dance!!!!!
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing i'll struggle with on the weekends is healthy eating. I think the only thing I can do is suck it up and do it anyway. Good luck ladies!
  • DoomCakes
    Options
    Is that 30 minutes EACH day? Or just 30 minutes combined?
  • eazieske
    Options

each day!! it not much just so we can do some exercise and you can log it!!!
  • mochadivine
    mochadivine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Biggest challenge for me will be not over indulging in empty calories ie. Tequila! Lol I love my margaritas but I know the margarita mix is FULL of calories and sugar. Maybe I'll just do shots lol 62 calories an oz for tequila.
  • mochadivine
    Options
    I never have plans for the weekend!!! i just want to be able to not over eat as i usally do if you guys can help me like send me encoarage ment or pick at me this weekend!!! my plan is to drink more water and try to plan out my meals for the next week.... and i am going to dance at least 30 min every day this weekend!!! we all love to dance so just turn up the music and dance dance dance!!!!!

30 minutes of dancing.. sounds like fun for me!
  • eazieske
    Options

30 minutes of dancing.. sounds like fun for me!
  • eazieske
    Options
    awsome girl im happy every one is going to dance!!!!
  • DoomCakes
    Options

each day!! it not much just so we can do some exercise and you can log it!!!

Oh no it's not much at all, just trying to figure out so I can meet the challenge! lol.
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My problem with the weekends is that I know there is a 5 quart tub of ice cream in my freezer (thank you, husband). I usually have a difficult time passing that up. I decided that I will make a mock-shake with skim milk, ice and a little bit of chocolate pudding mix. This way I will enjoy something delish and I won't think about that in my freezer all weekend. As a matter of fact, I think I'll put it in my journal right away and then it is there.

I think the dancing will be a lot of fun--great challenge!!! Thanks!

Have a good evening, everyone! Dee
  • mochadivine
    Options
    Nice pic for the group :-)