THE HOBBIT!

Options
So super excited to go see that movie! I'm going to see it soon and I just can't wait! I'm reading the book at the moment, and Bilbo Baggins is played by an adorable man in that movie.
I'm going to over excite myself and pass out!

Replies

• NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My sweetie treated me to a Friday night movie. First movie we've been to in about 2.5 years.

I was happy to see it, though there was a lot of gratuitous orc slaying.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I loved it and now I'm re-reading the book.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I generally like seeing movies at the movie theater, but this one is the first one in a while that I feel more than deserved the obscene price they charge these days. I'll go again, too.

The filming and projection in 48 images was amazing to me. Some of the scenes, like the Lonely Mountains in the beginning, or the fight scenes with orcs were just breath taking...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I liked it.
  • siouan
    siouan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth going over my calorie limit slightly due to popcorn for dinner! :tongue:

My boyfriend is currently on night shifts, but had a night off when we saw it, so got home and put the Lord of The Rings trilogy on for the rest of the night!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Saw it Sunday... I enjoyed it. I even enjoyed the "modifications" to the story that where added. My sister was very confused having only watched the cartoon movie and never having read the books.... BTW when the dwarves starting singing I started bouncing around like a little kid. I was so happy they put in the songs
  • eldarkangel
    eldarkangel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i better look out for them dwarfs then
  • jmjm55077
    Options
    I thought the hobbit was great...even though I know how it ends!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    My husband & I haven't been to the movies in at least 10 years ........ we're satisfied with movie channels & Netflix ....... but out of the blue, he wants to see it today .......

Movie is fabulous ...... the scenery is amazing ....... but maybe bring earplugs !
  • eldarkangel
    eldarkangel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i was old you get a long star trek trailer too :). i am liking it already
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I liked it. At the end I busted out laughing at my friend who went with me. He thought it was just 1 movie and that it wasn't going to be a 3 parter.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I saw it the opening day. I'm a huge LOTR fan. What's funny is the person sitting behind us said "that's it?!!" after the movie ended. Bwahahaha...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't know it was going to be a 3 parter until a few days before it came out when I read something online about part two.

And having just re-read the book, I can't see where they get get two more movies out of what's left of the story, but they did a damn good job making a three hour film out of the first 100 pages, so I'm looking forward to seeing what gets added.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Saw it Sunday... I enjoyed it. I even enjoyed the "modifications" to the story that where added. My sister was very confused having only watched the cartoon movie and never having read the books.... BTW when the dwarves starting singing I started bouncing around like a little kid. I was so happy they put in the songs
    Same here. In fact , my only (small) complaint was that they didn't put int the orcs singing when they had the party trapped in the trees at the end. lol
    Definitely going to see it again. In 3d this time.
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I thought it was great, although I found it strange that they made Fili and Kili hot.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I thought it was great, although I found it strange that they made Fili and Kili hot.

lol they didn't make Fili and Kili hot, you did :tongue:
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've lost count of how many times I have seen this film now (helps having a copy sent from BAFTA to watch at home!)

I think I'm actually going to enjoy this trilogy a lot more than LOTR by what I've seen so far... I love the fact there is just so much kept in from the book, and obviously stuff taken from the Silmarillion too, which is my absolute favourite book ever! :bigsmile:

Am really annoyed though that it hasn't been nominated for best film and Life of Pi and Lincoln got in.... they're good films, but not award winning! :grumble:
    Bilbo Baggins is played by an adorable man in that movie.

I absolutely LOVE Martin Freeman! Already met him at the preview screening we went to of The Hobbit at the beginnig of December, and thought he was so lovely! Really hoping he goes to the BAFTA Awards in a month's time so I get to meet him again! :love:
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ah, it always makes me feel better to hear about other people who are seeing it multiple times, not just me :) I was so thrilled on the day that I saw it in 3D, because I was the LAST person in the theatre to get a pair of the Hobbit 3D glasses, everyone else just got regular ones.

I completely love it, thought it was sooo well done. And to any of the folks out there who are now oooing and aaaaing over Kili-- if you haven't before, you need to do yourself a favor and watch the TV show "Being Human."

And yes, SO happy that songs were included :) It helps make up for the lack of Tom and Goldberry in LOTR. I still always wish I could've seen a Peter Jackson interpretation of their house and songs.
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one who didn't love the movie..

Did anyone else ever see the older animated version of The Hobbit?

http://smithreviewsit.blogspot.com/
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Loved it, went and tracked down the 48fps version in 3d and it was amazing.