I'm the new guy

Options
sigsby
sigsby Posts: 220 Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Don and I live in Erie Pa. I will be 42 in April.

When I was in my 20's i couldn't gain weight if I wanted to. In my 30's I started to fill out. Now i'm in my early 40's and i have a spare tire. I've tried to get it under control a couple of times. I lose about fifteen pounds and then fall back into my old habits.

This time I'm hoping to stick with it.

That's a bit about me.

Thanks,
Don

Replies

• beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Welcome Don,
    Good luck on your journey.
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..good luck on your journey!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • lisaann7089
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Don! I know you can do this!!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Don! Welcome! It's a way of life, just like they say. But what I find that helps is not so much the elimination of certain foods/drinks, but the addition of activity, and the addition of whole, healthy foods. They kind of push the not so good stuff out. So much of this is mental!
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Don! Welcome! It's a way of life, just like they say. But what I find that helps is not so much the elimination of certain foods/drinks, but the addition of activity, and the addition of whole, healthy foods. They kind of push the not so good stuff out. So much of this is mental!

Totally agreeing w/everything she said!!!! A little bit of activity (more now but when I was losing only walking 30 minutes most days of week) and eating mostly whole healthy foods helped me lose over 55 lbs (working on the few I picked up over the holidays right now) and remain at goal for almost 2 years. The biggest surprise to me was that when I started eating (mostly only) nutritious (prefer that word to "healthy" - healthy has such a bad connotation) foods that my cravings for the junk (chips were my main craving) went away.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    kinda late to this post but ..welcome and best of luck..add me if you like
  • brewman01
    brewman01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly what I went through. If I can do it anyone can!