Going Down

Options
Thanks to everyone for all the support I have been given. Since being put on insulin 6 days ago I have also been watching my carbs pretty closely. It is really hard to cut back after so many years of not counting. I have managed to get down to 100-150 per day. I am on the lowest dose insulin right now. Between the two my fasting blood sugar is coming down significantly. It was up to 250. It is down to 160. I'm getting there. My goalis to get off insulin at some point. Once again thanks to all for your support.

Replies

• robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's really encouraging news, well done, keep it going.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing drop in 6 days, you're doing great. Keep pluggin'!
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That's great. What kind of insulin are you on?:happy:
  • emmi49
    emmi49 Posts: 8
    Options
    It is really hard to keep track after years of not having too! Sounds like you are on the right path! Keep up the good work, in no time it will be automatic.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. It takes time for the BG to come down. Excellent work in 6 days.
  • mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    great work, keep it up!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, you will get there.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Those darn carbs play such a vital role in blood sugars. I know the plan I followed cut back my carbs to 85-100 grams a day, and I am now no longer a pre diabetic!!!!!!!!!! I am now more aware of carbs and what role they play in my nutrition.

Keep up the great work.