WeekEnd Challenge - Burn 1,000 calories

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
As we all know that on the weekends most of us go over the daily calories goal. May be it is difficult to control but there is another way of tackling this problem i.e. BURN those extra calories.

I am suggesting a weekend challenge to burn 1,000 calories over the next two days. I hope most of us should be able to meet this challenge. Lets burn those extra calories this weekend!!:mad:

Replies

• eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For me is challenge not to eat extra calories not to burn 1000:embarassed:
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    YES GREAT IDEA WE SHOULD AT LEAST TRY OUR HARDEST!!!! YES WE CAN DO IT!!!! LET GO ABOVE OUR REGULAR EXERSICE
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

I will try and burn 1000 cals over the weekend but also try to remain within the daily calorie goal
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    PHEW! You know how to THROW DOWN!

I'M IN!!!!!! So much for taking Sunday off! LOL
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't keep track of exercise calories anymore. Would you accept mileage instead?
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!never done this before but what a great weekend challenge!!
    I'm in!
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    I will most definately TRY to burn 1,000 calories between Saturday & Sunday.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Let's do this!!
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am going to try.... gonna have to be creative.... wonder how many calories I can burn playing my drums??
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    Options
    That is tough but I'll be proud of myself on Monday! (and hopefully Tuesday at weigh-in!)
  • umer76
    Options
    It should not be difficult but yes it needs some effort to burn those 1000 cals. I am going for shopping today and that will help me burn some calories today as my wife has quite a few things on her shopping list:grumble:
  • umer76
    Options
    I don't keep track of exercise calories anymore. Would you accept mileage instead?
    No problem, aim is that we all keep moving!
  • umer76
    Options
    PHEW! You know how to THROW DOWN!

I'M IN!!!!!! So much for taking Sunday off! LOL

May be you can have sunday off from eating point of view, it can be your cheat day but you have to burn the 1000 cals today and tomorrow.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    1st week of challenge..... Failure, I'm afraid to admit. Not one pound has come off & I am disgusted.
  • umer76
    Options
    1st week of challenge..... Failure, I'm afraid to admit. Not one pound has come off & I am disgusted.
    This thread is not for pounds lost. It is for burning calories today and tomorrow. Forget about the pound lost and burn 1000 calories this weekend:drinker:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This thread is not for pounds lost. It is for burning calories today and tomorrow. Forget about the pound lost and burn 1000 calories this weekend:drinker:

The name of the group is POUND A WEEK. I am not going to "forget" that I didn't lose a pound. THAT is what I thought we were "here" for. So, maybeI am in the wrong group. I didn't sign up to be contradicted or condescended to, which seems to be endemic to MFP forums. If you cannot be supportive, then PLEASE DON'T POST!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Count me in:-)
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'll do my best!:smile:
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'll do the best I can....weekends are tough :cry: