Vigorous activity?

Options
t_elliot
t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
Does anybody have issues with Vigorous activity being recorded? No matter what I do my BMF will not register vigorous. I have tried running as fast as i can on my treadmill and done jumping jacks as fast a possible and it will still only register as moderate.

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Check your settings (preferences in the activity manager). You can always adjust them so that you get vigorous activity. Or you can contact customer service if that doesn't work. I get vigorous running down the stairs. You should be getting some on the treadmill.
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check up my setting, i did get vigourous activities when I was doing zumba yesterday, but nothing today for shoveling all that heavy snow we got... and trust me, i was out of breath just as much as yesterday
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lowered mine by a point, which seemed like a lot less than the default. But only running, shoveling, and plunging laundry (I do mine by hand) have hit it...so it seems right for me.
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you can pinpoint a point on your burn readout that you know was vigorous for you, you can note what mets level that was and adjust your scale down to that threshold in your settings.

Hope that helps!
  • ir4life
    Options
    I'm glad I read this because I've been having the same problem! I can get vigorous if I'm running or jogging but EVERYTHING else says moderate, including when I was doing P90X Plyometrics the other day (all jumping). I'm adjusting mine now!
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's really difficult to get mine up to vigorous, but you can adjust it. I prefer to leave mine as is. I will occasionally hit a few minutes during my workout it considers to be vigorous. In 2 hours of roller derby practice it registers 30 minutes as vigorous, and I believe it.
  • hballack
    hballack Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was only getting a minute here or there of vigorous activity and I was unable to determine what exactly I did that was vigorous. I finally the other day hit 30 minutes of vigorous activity during a hip hop aerobics class. (lots of Jumping, go figure)
  • Hollyaw24
    Hollyaw24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted this. Yesterday at boot camp, we did ladders followed by 30 jumping jacks, 20 mountain climbers, 10 push ups (3x the whole set), and my face was bright red for 2 hours after class. Really, no kidding, it registered moderate activity. I know I am overweight and out of shape, but it felt vigorous to me! The only time I see vigorous is after turbofire.
  • Hollyaw24
    Hollyaw24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    RevNS, your comment was helpful. I like numbers, and I know I should have thought of that, but I didn't. Thanks for helping.
  • t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! It has been helpful. I have adjusted the mets sliders gradually and seems to be working much better now!!
  • kimw913
    Options
    Yes, thank you for this. I too was having trouble with my vigorous activity. I would register vigorous activity with Zumba only. All of you Rock!:flowerforyou:
  • CardioKnitter
    Options
    My body media was set too high at first. moderate should be 3-6 mets, and vigorous should be anything above 6. I find that I can not get vigorous unless it is a full body workout. I tried running.. didn't work.. jumping jacks normally work for me, but what I found works the best is stuff like the jillian micheals videos, or (my favorite) dancing =D. I did a workout with my bodymedia fit link yesterday and I got 30 minutes of vigorous exercise in 42 minutes of playing just dance. Its all what you put into it. You have to be moving everything pretty much.. i dont know how it knows.. it just does. its amazing lol.
  • thadius65
    thadius65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do cardio in the morning around 6am (bike and incline fast walk on treadmill). I rarely get any vigorous tracked. When I get home, I use my eliptical and get nearly a 1-1 for vigorous. I think it has to do with being upper and lower body vs HR? Because in both morning, and night excercise, my HR is around 130 using a Polar chest strap.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You can change the mets so that it will show vigorous but it won't change your calories burned, it just gives an ego boost to see something registered as vigorous.
  • thadius65
    thadius65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think I will just let it alone to tick me off to work harder! ;o)
  • xcom923
    xcom923 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've never messed with the Vig. Level. To me you really understand what that means when you hit it for the first time. It took me weeks to hit it but now that I know what it feels like I can keep doing it. I don't think it's something that should be easy to accomplish