WW on MFP

Options
alicenadams
alicenadams Posts: 21 Member
Hi everyone,

I was on MFP, but lost motivation so I've been doing WW for the last three months. My three months is up on 1/9. I would like to not have to pay for WW because I feel the community on MFP is so much easier to be involved in. Has anyone done MFP tracking calories, but NOT counting the power foods that are 0 points? My cousin is doing this with me and said that her cals are about 1000 a day, which seems low, but that is not counting all the 0 point foods she's eating. I am wondering if that is a good place to start and then see what happens from there. Has anyone tried this?

I like tracking on my phone and not having to look up point values for everything if I stop paying for WW and just use MFP. I guess I could just try it that way for a couple of months and then go back to WW if it's not working.

Thoughts?

Replies

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Alice I am doing WW points on MFP. Everything I eat even the 0 points I count on the tracker as you can see by my diary. The onion and peppers are 0 on WW but they do have some calories. If you look back through my diary and down at the notes you will see that I also do the points at the end of each day. I only started on Wednesday but feel I will continue to keep doing it this way.
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    Hi! I'm basically doing the same thing that ssflbelle is doing. I'm a long time WW member (off and on) so I track my food here on MFP and also tally my daily points in a journal at home. I have a WW points calculator and use that. Search the community posts for "track weight watchers points" or something similar. Someone posted how you can have a "points" column show up in your food diary here. I tried to download it but it didn't work for me. I also found a video on You Tube that gives websites that you can figure your daily points allowance. I watched and figured my dailies at 28 which is currently spot on for me.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nice information Donna. I have only been tracking on WW but am a little curious as to how many calories I'm actually consuming. I have a tendency to eat too low at times! NOT a good plan! LOL!

Good luck to everyone!

Kathy
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Someone posted how you can have a "points" column show up in your food diary here. I tried to download it but it didn't work for me.

It didn't work for me either. So in the food notes section is where I put my points. Plus I have my Blue WW Tracker that I enter everything into and it counts down my points for the day. This system I think will work well for me.
  • gal_amy
    gal_amy Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi! I'm basically doing the same thing that ssflbelle is doing. I'm a long time WW member (off and on) so I tracke. I also found a video on You Tube that gives websites that you can figure your daily points allowance. I watched and figured my ndailies at 28 which is currently spot on for me.

Do you have a link?

*~*Amy
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Someone posted how you can have a "points" column show up in your food diary here. I tried to download it but it didn't work for me.

It didn't work for me either. So in the food notes section is where I put my points. Plus I have my Blue WW Tracker that I enter everything into and it counts down my points for the day. This system I think will work well for me.

I had to download Firefox to get it to work - it is set up for the old point system and you have to go in and edit the script to make it points plus.

I also got it to work on Google Chrome, but could not find a way to edit the script to get points plus.

Your Carbs, Fat, Fiber and Protein also need to be sorted a certain way on MFP to get it to work.

Here is the link: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949

It can be used for both the old and new points systems.
    Here are more instructions about getting it setup: http://userscripts.org/about/installing
  • BLady44
    BLady44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All, the column didn't work for me either I really wish it did because I do like tracking on calories.. and it is so much easier to track on line.. I gues I will have to buy a monthly pass at ww so I can track on the ww site the points..
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't work the first time I tried; let me see if I can help:

First - get MFP set correctly; under settings you want the nutrients tracked in this order (they have to be in this order):

Calories (required)
    Carbs
    Fat
    Fiber
    Protein
    (include no other nutrients), Save.

Download Mozilla Firefox (it's free) if you don't already have it.

Download Greasemonkey to work with Firefox: http://userscripts.org/about/installing

Make sure to close Firefox and reopen after installing Greasemonkey (it should tell you to do this).

Now go here and install the user script for WW: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949

I suggest after install to close the firefox again and then reopen and go to MFP. You should see the WW column on your diary.
    This will be set for the old points system - if you're doing that one, you're done! If you're doing Points Plus there's another step:

It's a little tricky, but easy:

Up on the bar in firefox on the far right is a little monkey face - click the arrow to the right of the monkey for a drop down.
    Choose Manage User Scripts.

Find "My Fitness Pall WW Pts" script, click it and choose options.

A window opens - you'll do nothing with this window other than at the bottom of it click the "Edit This User Script"

It will want to know where to open the script at - you can use notepad, wordpad or even Microsoft Word.

Script Opens - not far from the top are these two lines:

var pointsPlus=false;
    var precisonWW=false;

Change the falses to true.

Close and save.

Go out of browser and then back in to MFP. Everything should be Pts+

Remember: it will give a point value to fruit!! I add my own fruit and give all values 0 to get 0 pt+ for fruit.
  • judiiiiindisguise
    judiiiiindisguise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ok here's my story. I have been on WW a bunch of times and in October 2012 rejoined. Then wasn't losing much and thought that i should keep track of the fruit and vegetables..so found this site and was doing both the WW app and the MFP app. It got to be too much and I was loving Mfp...so i have lost about 12 since November...not very fast and I am definately not perfect about it....but I think I need to weigh in once a week at WW meetings...somehow that keeps me on track better and more accountable...so i am thinking of rejoining today, going to a meeting...get my weight from WW, follow points, and do both again for a while....i would love any friends who are doing the same!! judi in seattle
  • gal_amy
    Options
    I created 2 new categories: vegetables and fruits.

I use the totals at the end of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and use the points plus tracker. Just write it down in your paperjournal, or if you have an iphone, I use the PTS Plus Diary and it keeps track ffor me.

~*~*~*Amy ~*~*~
    Save a Tree, Save our Planet, Recycle, Think Organic

Love iphone apps? http://teams.sparkpeople.com/iphoneapps
    So do I!!
    LeanneCutrara Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work for me either, so I am tracking both ways for now. I am a life time member with WW and still go to my meetings to stay focused and both work well.

I do find I eat more with WW and have noticed some small weight gain with the extra zero points.