Valentine's Day Challenge (Jan 3 - Feb 14)

Options
13turtles
13turtles Posts: 183 Member
Some of you guys just finished a New Year's Challenge and several people mentioned doing another challenge. I wasn't a part of the last one, but it looked like fun! So, if you are interested, let's do another challenge until Valentine's Day. This means it's a six week challenge.

I am going to start with my goals:

Weight - I am currently 270, so I'd like to lose another 20-25 pounds in the next six weeks. I'd really like to be 250 or less by Valentine's Day.
Exercise - Since I am only three weeks post WLS, I want to ramp up my exercise! Per doctors orders I am limited to walking for 45 minutes each day for the next three weeks, but after that I'd like to work back up to 60 minutes per day.
Measurements - Finally, since the scale is not my friend, I am setting a measurement loss as well. I'd like to lose at least 5 inches overall.

Replies

• sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Weight goal: 240 - Currently 258
    Exercise goal - Start strength training
    Stress Reduction - Stretch and breath at least twice a week
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Currently weighing in at 149.7. I would like to be at 135 by 2/14/13 which means I need to loose 14.7 pounds total. I would like to up my exercise to include more running. I am currently running in place at home for 20-30 minutes a day and would like to continue that and once my gym opens on 1/17/13 start running on the treadmill.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am currently 179.4 and would like to be 170 before Valentine's Day. I will continue my meal plan, but make better, healthier choices and add more fresh fruits and vegetables. I will be more diligent with my exercise. I will remember to use my weights!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Current weight (as of Monday) is 213.4 I would like to be in ONEderland I don't care where Just ONEderland by Valentines day. Also to start my walking again next week when my Grandbabies leave, also adding in my Biggest looser at home challenge DVD and also try some of the exercise routines on fitnessblender.com

how do we find this thread again? I always lose them! And are we weighing in each week?
  • 13turtles
    Options
    Weighing and updating each week is a yes! I'm using Thursday as my weigh in day, but pick whatever works for you. As for finding this post, it should appear in your My Topics list now that you have replied to it.
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am in!

Current weight 165 - goal 160 - any maybe get to 20% body fat....currently 22%.
    Exercise - starting weight training next week so I want to work on being able to do a regular push up or pull up!!
  • Butlavie
    Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OK IM IN

Weight - I am currently 180

Exercise - ok 5 days a week cardio which includes--treadmill, elliptical and circuit training. Weights rotating upper and lower body

GOAL-- 15 LBS--BEING OPTIMISTIC
  • ErinShannon
    ErinShannon Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

Weight: Currently 260 / Goal 245

Exercise: 30 minutes a day (at least) 6 days per week
  • 13turtles
    Options
    Update Week 1:

Still 270 (sigh)
    Exercise is daily 30-45 minutes walking. Woot!
    Inches- lost 3 more (I am going to have to adjust this goal)
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun. weight as of Mon 204.5. would like to be 194.5 by Valentine's Day.
    workout goal: treadmill 30 minutes a day. also getting ready for a 5k February 23 so this will help motivate me.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am currently 179.4 and would like to be 170 before Valentine's Day. I will continue my meal plan, but make better, healthier choices and add more fresh fruits and vegetables. I will be more diligent with my exercise. I will remember to use my weights!

Update: I am now 175.8 and am now shooting for 165 before Valentine's Day. I am still concentrating on my healthy eating and going to try each day to walk at least 5 minutes longer than I did the day before. So long as it doesn't reach 3 hours a day, I'm good. lol
  • leellu
    leellu Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey guys :) Too late to join? I'll give it a go :) I'm 300 right now and I'd like to be 280 by Valentine's Day.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :) Too late to join? I'll give it a go :) I'm 300 right now and I'd like to be 280 by Valentine's Day.
    Its never too late!!
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun. weight as of Mon 204.5. would like to be 194.5 by Valentine's Day.
    workout goal: treadmill 30 minutes a day. also getting ready for a 5k February 23 so this will help motivate me.

going to have to change my goal. down to 198 now so hoping for 189 by Valentine's Day. that might be tough but it's a challenge right.
  • spfldpam
    Options
    2/14/13 goal 135

1/3/13 weighed in at 149.7.
    1/10/13 weighed in at 147.50 loss of 2.20 pounds

I had to stop running/jogging in place for 20 minutes twice a day cause my bad knees started hurting again earlier this week so I have been walking 2 miles in 30 minutes to my walk at home dvd at 5:30am and then walking another 2 miles in 20 minutes at work on my lunch hour in our work hallways. I try to do another 2 miles in 30 minutes to the dvd at home again after I get off work.
    My new Planet Fitness gym is supposed to open next Thursday so I will b hitting the gym daily after that but will continue to do walking at 5:30am and at Noon also.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm in:

current 154.8 Goal by V-day 149.8
  • Lauriecz
    Lauriecz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to try too. I'm only2weeks post op but I think its great motivation.
    CURRENT WT- 304
    GOAL- 290's
    Exercise goal- walking 30+ minutes & upper body weights daily

good luck all
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    PLATEAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still holding around 165 - 166 - started with personal trainer. aching body will hopefully pay off!!!
  • 13turtles
    Options
    I <3 this group!
  • spfldpam
    Options
    2/14/13 goal 135

1/3/13 weighed in at 149.7.
    1/10/13 weighed in at 147.50 loss of 2.20 pounds
    1/17/13 weighed in at 147 UGH only lost .50 pounds.

Seem to be at a stall. Been 147 for almost a week now. I did up my exercise the last week to 1 hour and 20 minutes a day in three different time frames, 5:30am, Noon and 4:30pm. Not for sure if that is why it is effecting my weight loss or not. I don't usually eat back my exercise cals but did some this past week. I upd my cals a day to 1100 yesterday too but usually don't eat that amount.
    I am thinking my weight loss is slowing down and have heard this happens. I have already met my surgeons goal a couple months ago but have a personal goal of 130-140.
    I know loosing the last 10 to 15 pounds is the hardest from what I have heard and read even with WLS.