Meal Plan

Options
Anybody following the meal plan? I will try to follow it as much as I can. I am eating all the food that I have left over and then going shopping on Sunday and find the main foods I like from the plan.

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I try to follow it more or less. I really like her chocolate and carrot cake bars, and eating several times a day. I got 10 small Tupperware containers and prepack my lunches for the week at work with my protein and starch, then I'll microwave some veggies. I'll also bring in some yogurt, veggies, and cottage cheese for snacks.

I just can't eat egg whites in the morning, and sometimes at night they get boring so I switch it up.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I am doing the workout but not the meal plan. Honestly I haven't made the time to look at it, guess I'm to stuck on my morning oatmeal?
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am loosely following the meal plan. I don't eat as much meat at they require.
    But I have cut out fast & processed foods.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am following the meal plan loosley as well I suppose you can say! I like that there are a ton of options under each category (protein, startch etc) so I will base my big meals on that (or try to). Like for dinner tonight I am having chicken and wild rice (crock pot recipe) which also has carrots in it. , I had tuna with olive Oil mayo and cottage cheese with peaches for lunch.

For me eating the 5 egg whites and a starch (oatmeal for me) all before working out is just too much so I had oatmeal before I went to the gym then the 5 egg whites and my protein shake when I got back and that seemed to work out well!

For snacks at work I brought Greek Yogurt with frozen fruit, nuts, mandarin oranges (2), an apple, and carrots w/ hummus.

I am going grocery shopping on Sat. and I'm going to get some Tilapia, more veggies, and shop for some recipes. I got a crock pot recipe book from a coworker for Christmas so I'm going to pick 2 recipes and make them, put them in tuperware and freeze them so they are all ready for me! I work swing shift and I want to feel like I'm eating a meal for dinner not just "stuff" so pre-packing has really worked well for me!
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    I love that website you sent us of he and she eat clean. THey have some great recipes! Plus Jamie Eason just posted a new coconut cupcake recipe. I think I need to make that this weekend. :)
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    I'm glad you like it! I am obsessed with them haha. I made so many of their crockpot recipes. OOO and I will have to make those cupcakes also!
  • kris0812
    kris0812 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the plan on Monday and trying to figure out my breakfast...I go to the gym at 4:30am. I know there is no way I can eat a big breakfast before I go. What do yall think I should do about that? Just eat something small and have my protein shake afterwards? Also, I really can't stand eggs!!! lol!!! What do you think a good substitute would be for all the egg whites?
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    I love Chris Powell off of Extreme weight loss makeover. He has an approved food list. Maybe something under protein would work to substitute for the eggs.

Here is the link:

http://www.reshapethenation.com/blog/comments/food_lists/
  • kris0812
    kris0812 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I'll check that out! :)
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I like eating every couple of hours, though I'm still trying to get the hang of the clean eating. I usually do really well in the mornings, and while I'm at work, but when I come home, my dinner is usually whatever my parents make, which involves hamburger helper, fast food, etc. I get paid this week. hope I can afford to buy some clean snacks for me.

I do enjoy eating every few hours, though. That's helping my energy levels.