Let's Form a Virtual Team on Concept 2!

Options
m1311
m1311 Posts: 103 Member
Hi everyone,

On the Concept2 site, there are Team Challenges. One will start in early January.

Right now, I'm doing the November 22-December 24 challenge, but I know I'll need more motivation in January. I'm set up an MFP team in hopes that others will want to join up.

First, set up a profile on the page at http://log.concept2.com. Then go to the Teams page, and add yourself to the MFP Friends team. All you have to do after that is row and record your meters, and during January they'll be added to the Team page.

Replies

• jeffreyjording
    jeffreyjording Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Okay I just joined. 15k meters so far on the Holiday challenge.:-)
  • m1311
    Options
    Hurray! I think mcrower will join too.

I forgot to say that once you have added your profile and joined the MFP team, you have to go to the team challenge page:

http://log.concept2.com/log_team.asp

and say that you'll be participating in the January challenge. It's called the VTC challenge (Virtual Team Challenge).
  • DavidMW1
    DavidMW1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I think that I'll have to be in London for work, so may not be able to join in. As soon as clarified, I'll sign up if I'm able to contribute.
  • skillingsrobertj
    Options
    I'm in !

Sounds like a challenge.
  • m1311
    Options
    Unfortunately, I think that I'll have to be in London for work, so may not be able to join in. As soon as clarified, I'll sign up if I'm able to contribute.

Hmm...I think you'd be making the right choice there!! But on the other hand, get this: you can find a machine there and row. It doesn't have to be a concept2...
  • DavidMW1
    DavidMW1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've signed in!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Signed up!

A few of my crew are planning on doing a 31 days of rowing challenge (erg something everyday!) which I really want to do, so that's my goal! I can't participate on 1st/2nd because i'm still at home for the holidays, but from the 3rd, it's so on and I can't wait!
  • skillingsrobertj
    Options
    Thanks for joining !

If any of your crew would like to join our MFP Friends group, they're welcome to join. We have 12 now, counting yourself.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    ok I will join in 2
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Did a 5k today and after feeling pretty awful for the past two days 2k's I took it quite easy. I'm glad I finished but a 2.30 split is pretty terrible considering my 5k PB is 2.11!

We have a 5k test for rowing club next week and I have no idea how I'm to get back in shape by then! Stupid flu has put me back about 3 weeks with my training!
  • m1311
    Options
    Oh Elle, I hope you're going to find yourself feeling better and better. We have tests coming up and I haven't done them since college (34 years ago!) so I have no idea how to face them. One site said that if a person is a slow-twitch kind, it's best not to play games with speed. I can average about 2:15 for a while without dying, but when I put two much pressure on myself, I get panicky. It's the weirdest thing. I am just suddenly certain I will not make it. I know that's not true, but some days I can't make myself go any harder.

I suspect that your body will start to remember its previous training, because you look like you're in pretty awesome shape. Muscle memory and a bit of adrenaline will probably work together to make those three weeks invisible.
  • mrspeterson
    mrspeterson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do we need to re-register this team or something? I was looking to join it (to do the Fall Team Challenge) but I couldn't find it. Do we need to create a new team?
  • mrspeterson
    mrspeterson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OK, it's there now! For anyone who wants to join the Fall challenge (from Sept 15- October 15, erg 100K meters), go to the Concept 2 logbook, click on the Team tab, and join the "MFP Friends" team. Once you've joined, you can sign up for the challenge. Starts in 10 days!
  • BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in - can't wait - it's been too long! My goal is 200,000m.
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • BlackLabLover
    Options
    Yea!
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My shipment with my rowing machine in it is arriving tomorrow! After a 7-week absence from rowing I can't wait to get back and count me in! I am usually with the Free Spirit Team :yawn: but for this challenge I will join the MFP team!!

Ermm..Just noticed..100K or 200K...I'll go for 100K then...:drinker:
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm in - can't wait - it's been too long! My goal is 200,000m.

:noway: :drinker: :smile:
  • BlackLabLover
    Options
    My shipment with my rowing machine in it is arriving tomorrow! After a 7-week absence from rowing I can't wait to get back and count me in! I am usually with the Free Spirit Team :yawn: but for this challenge I will join the MFP team!!

Ermm..Just noticed..100K or 200K...I'll go for 100K then...:drinker:

Fantastic!!!
  • tallmansix
    Options
    Great, I've requested that I can join the team on the Concept 2 website. Looking forward to this challenge for the winter!

Oh, and summary if I'm being numb, what's the challenge, time or distance or something else?