Recipes…...

Options
AdamBellfpt
AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
OK so recently a few colleagues and I have been trying to put together a cookbook….our aim will be to have food that tastes great but doesn't have ridiculous numbers of calories….but apart from calories…we generally want healthy recipes….and I also want to add in family friendly ones….as a dad of 3, I want them to be able to eat treats but I want them to enjoy healthy food too!

So, I need you're help…..

What sort of recipes would you like to see?

What are your staples food? - staples can get boring so we're looking to come up with new ideas!

Are there foods you love but are high cals?

Would love any comments about this and anytthing else you think of!

Thanks,

Adam

Replies

• mclaborn2300
    Options
    I actually printed off alot of recipe the other day. I was needing a variety of healthy to go breakfast foods because I am such a horrible morning person so I made this flaxseed-pecan-zucchini bread. It was really good. my boyfriend ate the heck out of it. I loved cutting a slice and taking it to work and eating it for breakfast or maybe a snack of I got a certain hunger urge. It was only 185 calories a slice and it has alot of fiber in it so it made me feel soo full. I printed off alot more recipes this week that I am going to try out that look so yummy and love in calories. I got other recipes I have tried that are low in calories too. I think a healthy "normal family" living style cook book would be a great idea!
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    Maybe try cottage pie with loads of mixed veg and sweet potato mash? I do a mean chicken burger with Cajun spice, lots of salad and wholemeal bun, really delicious. Chicken fajitas with salad is another favourite. :bigsmile:
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @mclaborn2300: Thanks we are aiming for healthy family stuff!

@Elizadolots: Thanks for those….we've got a similar burger but hadn't thought of sweet potato as a topping for cottage pie….so far we're using a cauliflower, carrot and suede topping…but I like the sweet potato idea!

Thanks!
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    I love a quick stirfry - longest time is the prep!

I also made a sweet & sour sauce the other day that was low cal - about half the amount of store bought ones here, and much healthier.

Edited to add: I'm a graphic designer ;)
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new breakfast recipes that I can grab and eat on the way to work. I usually end up with baked oatmeal or cheese and crackers.

Also, recipes that are quick to make for dinner or can be made ahead of time It's so easy to grab the wrong things when I get home late and am hungry.