Day 2 here, just ordered Zumba DVD's

Options
moooveitgen
moooveitgen Posts: 15 Member
Anybody going Zumba here? How is it going?

Replies

• kiwisara
    kiwisara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been to Zumba classes a few times and I thoroughly LOVED it. I prefer group classes to home DVD's as I'm not good at self motivation :) I have decided to set myself the outrageous goal of training as a Zumba instructor! This really is a big goal, as I'm 70lb overweight, have only done Zumba like 3 times, can't dance and have no idea what training I will need. I don't have a strong desire to lead a class, it's more that I want to set myself a big goal to work towards. Now I just have to find a class that I can fit into my work schedule.
  • lux_lucis
    Options
    I like going to classes better but if you are new to Zumba the DVDs will help you get familiar with the basic steps. Good luck with your workout!
  • Olahou
    Olahou Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDʻs and theyʻre really fun. If youʻre like me, you wanted to see what the hype was all about without making a fool of yourself in front of a group of people. My friends from the office go to zumba together and are constantly trying to get me to go. But Iʻm happy to do it in the privacy of my own home..where no one but me can see how silly I look...while having tons of fun!
  • andread67
    andread67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I JUST started Zumba this week...cds for the Wii..I have to tell you, I love it!!!! I knew ahead that I would need a variety of exercises to keep me in this for the long haul...so I thought this would be a good option..I can do it at home, not in front of a class of people..I am "challenged" shall we say in staying with the beat..lol..but with the Wii, the core ab one has a band you put the controller in around your waist and it keeps track of how you move..I have to say very proudly..I got "Legend" 95% as my result..and believe me its not cause I matched all the dance moves!:noway: :laugh: . It really is fun though, you forget you are exercising and you are just trying to keep up with the movements and have fun..there is a "party" option on mine I haven't tried yet, I only have done the single class...also something I found today zumbacalories.com will help you track what you are burning!
    I hope you enjoy it! let me know:happy:
  • moooveitgen
    moooveitgen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Got my DVD's and started them yesterday. Love it so far, the hour passes very quickly and I sweat like crazy. Also, so glad I didn't decide to try this in front of other people. I must have looked ridiculous!