Training for my 1st Bikini Competition. Need more "pals"

Options
Hello! I just started training for my 1st Bikini Competition, April 6. I would like to have some more female "pals" who have competed or plan too. There are some days that I have so many questions and other days it is just hear from others who are going thru the same training. Thanks.

Replies

• ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think that is awesome!
    everyone on here is Amazing supports/ motivation!
    best of luck to you :smile:
  • Mrsburris40
    Mrsburris40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello I did my first Bikini and Figure show in Oct 2012 placing 1st in bikini and 4th in figure.. I want to be a figure competitor but bikini is soooo fun.. My next show is Feb16,2013 I plan to do 4 in 2013 I wish you the best of luck and I pray that you have a great coach because that is so key.. Let me know it I can help you in any way and I will do the same with question I have for you.. My name is LaShun:flowerforyou:
  • dedicationANDdumbbells
    Options
    I think that is awesome!
    everyone on here is Amazing supports/ motivation!
    best of luck to you :smile:

Thank you.
  • dedicationANDdumbbells
    Options
    Hello I did my first Bikini and Figure show in Oct 2012 placing 1st in bikini and 4th in figure.. I want to be a figure competitor but bikini is soooo fun.. My next show is Feb16,2013 I plan to do 4 in 2013 I wish you the best of luck and I pray that you have a great coach because that is so key.. Let me know it I can help you in any way and I will do the same with question I have for you.. My name is LaShun:flowerforyou:

Congrats LaShun and good luck in 2013. 4 shows, that is dedication. :0) I have met with my coach once so far, but we communicate via e-mails and texting frequently.
  • slushieee
    slushieee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's really fun..and yeah having a good coach is critical to this.
  • dedicationANDdumbbells
    Options

I am pretty sure that I have a good coach, but this is my 1st time competeting. What should I look for in a GOOD COACH? Thanks ladies.
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello, I competed in August in my first bikini competition, and I plan on competing in a figure competition on April 6th in Atlanta! I actually don't have a coach, and have mangaged excellently (not to mention, between the shoes, suit, make up, jewelry, supplements, etc, I think my husband might explode!)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am training for a bikini competition in April as well! There are several people at my gym doing it & the trainer is starting a bootcamp for us on Jan 12! I am SO excited but really nervous...wondering if my body will get where it needs to. Good luck to you!! :) We can do it!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    im training for my 3rd figure competition in April. Just ordered mmy new shoes. 6 inch heels. that will put me at 6 ft 4 on stage.yikes!!!
  • jaimelb94
    jaimelb94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would like to try and compete, I just don't know where to start. Any suggestions???
  • jlynnjaxon
    jlynnjaxon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to try and compete, I just don't know where to start. Any suggestions???

I'm actually in the same area - I think I would like to compete but I have no idea where to start!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

I'm actually in the same area - I think I would like to compete but I have no idea where to start!

Someone mentioned it above, but the best advice starting out would be to hire a coach. There are several training teams/coaches that will do completely online diet and training programs, and most, if not all, can customize it to what individual competitiors want or need. For example, if you want just help with the diet, most offer that. Just a few that I know of off-hand are Team F.A.B. (my team), Bombshell, Cathy Savage.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies to the group! And good luck for those of you training to compete! I myself am training to compete this year in bikini. I was planning on doing my first show on April 6th as welll (seems to be a lot that day), but don't think i will be anywhere near ready. I am going to reavaluate at the end of each of the next two months to truly determine it though. If i don't compete in April, i will compete in October.

Currently i do not have a coach. I am trying to do it on my own to save on cost. Some people have been very successful this way, so i hope i can be!!!

Feel free to add me! I would love other competitor friends since we are going through the similar struggles!!!
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Hello! I just started training for my 1st Bikini Competition, April 6. I would like to have some more female "pals" who have competed or plan too. There are some days that I have so many questions and other days it is just hear from others who are going thru the same training. Thanks.

Oh, how exciting! I start my training for Bikini in May for competitions in Oct/Nov. I'm super excited!

Good luck and keep me posted on how you do!!!
  • vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm considering to compete on Oct - Nov this year. (I'm going to have an assessment first to see if its really doable by that date) and I'd like more pals that can relate to this lifestyle too . Feel Free to add me :smile:
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Training for a bikini comp Apr 6th(my birthday month!). I did one bikini comp 3 years before(DEAD LAST), and one local figure comp right before I got pregnant with my my second son who is now 1 1/2(placed first in figure in my age class and overall). In a different place in my life now and want to do bikini, plus like someone else posted above...seems like more fun(with the posing anyways...plus I love them scrunch butt bikinis!) ANd I feel like I have to makeup for the horrible showing I did last time.

I actually just won first place in an online transformation contest in August and won a spot in a 2013 calendar, but just want to take it a bit further. I was able to look bikini beach good. But I know if I put my mind to it, I can look bikini stage good! So that's the goal.

Plus I am 36...going on 37. Gives me motivation to look forward to my birthday month.

My posing for bikini is HORRIBLE. RIght now am working with a posing coach. I've been out of heels since I got pregnant and it shows!

I also bought the bikini posing dvd through Julie Lohre's website. Haven't got it yet but if anyone has used it, let me know if you liked it. Although I will be practicing posing one on one, I stil wanted a Dvd to help me. I was horrible with posing my first bikini competition. I was told I had a great body and would have placed higher but my posing was really bad.(yeah, one of the judges told me my posing was really bad. So must not neglect posing!)

The first 4 weeks I am doing the workouts by Jillfit physiques. They had a generic contest prep workout plus nutrition for weeks 12-8 available to Jillfit members before they took it down from their membership site and are now charging alot more for comp prep. SO I am glad I got it when I did a while ago. I thought I would save it just in case I planned to compete again. For the remaining 6 weeks till competition I am planning to do the Venus workouts that won me the online contest and got me into the calendar.

So yeah, doing bikini training and trying to save money but still going to spend the money to nail my posing down for bikini. I will not look like deer in headlights this time!