Joined today(Saturday)

Options
Well, I just finished shopping, bought all kinds of "good" foods like veggies, etc. I was making this a "New Years Resolution" and thought to myself "no, that is a bad way to start so I decided to start after I could go shopping and get "good" stuff in the house. I need to do something for myself :happy:

Replies

• KTmommaUT
    Options
    Welcome and "good on ya!" I just joined yesterday, myself. Was pleasantly surprised to finish the day with over 200 calories left, but didn't feel like I was depriving myself at all... I probably should have gone shopping first too, but my biggest issue has always been PORTION control... Ugh... So thankfully we had quite a few healthy options on hand already, and now I'm just trying to figure out what to prepare with them. :) Best of luck!
  • ajane456
    Options
    hi,
    i joined on the 1st of the year! i have no friends on this yet, and i feel like i might need some:) we can motivate each other to do well! I have a membership at a gym and i was just looking for a calorie counter app for my phone, and i found MFP! This is wonderful!! I have been gone to the gym 5 days this week and did cardio on the elliptical, yesterday I tried a core pole class, I dont think I was ready, because today i am so sore from lunges that i can barely walk down my stairs. I forced myself to bring my children sledding today, and they dont feel any better. Does anybody have suggestions for exercise? Should I have waited longer to join a class? Do i just push through the pain or wait until it doesnt hurt to go again?
  • Chargaile
    Chargaile Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am going to send you a friend request.

I don't know what a pole class is as I have never tried it. Maybe that is too advanced since you are just starting. Does your gym have the weight machines? If it does, then you could start by working with the upper body machines one day and then work the lower body ones. Gain some strength first. I am not a trainer but the advice I am giving you was given to me by a trainer at a gym I joined 2 years ago.

This is going to be my year. I am sure you can make it yours as well. We will encourage each other along.
  • ajane456
    Options
    thank you! yeah, i think it was a little too soon! my weight is still to high and im injuring myself. right now i'm really only comfortable doing cardio...i dont get sore, only tired. I think today I am just going to do some low resistance cardio, like a bike or walking, just to get my heart rate up and then take my kids swimming. I dont want to hurt myself again!
  • Liebechen
    Options
    Any suggestions on getting rid of the nasty cravings at night? I did ok my first week(last week), but this week is being a bear with the cravings. I am ok all day and then after dinner I feel like I want to eat everything in site! :-(