Hybrid with Insanity?

Options
kellyscomeback
kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
I was planning on starting NROL4W when I was done with Insanity which is looking to be at the end of January. But now I'm in the mood to start lifting and I'm wondering if I'd be nuts to start month 2 of Insanity plus the first Stage of NRs. As it is now, I do Insanity in the mornings and I was thinking of doing NRs when the kiddos are napping using my home gym.

Thoughts, experiences, commit me to the loony bin?

Replies

• jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, but that's just me. Insanity is so hard on your body, and you only get 24 hours to rest it during that program. Lifting is too, even in the early workouts of NROLFW when you are using lighter weights/higher reps. New Rules recommends 48 hours rest between those workouts and not doing any HIIT or addt'l intense training workouts until Stage 2. Although, I started adding in 15 minutes of HIIT early on because I was physically able to since I had just finished Insanity.

You're a champ!! But I would finish Insanity and then start NROLFW after a few days rest. Your body will probably thank you. :laugh:

Someone else on here may have done something like this and had a great experience, though. Hope you get more feedback!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I agree with jfrankic, finish up Insanity have a rest for a few days and then start NROLFW.

Trying to run both at the same time will just burn you out, once you have finished Insanity which is an excellent achievement you can always use pure cardio on off days if you feel you want to add something more to NROLFW.

Plus all them push ups from insanity will definitely help when it comes to NROLFW :happy:

Good luck :drinker:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Don't do both. Read the whole book and follow the experts (authors) advice, pay special attention to diminishing returns.
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    I finished the book and I'll be following the outlined steps, though my interval training may be longer than 15m (Pure Cardio or Plyo Circuit).
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing thanks for asking.... I had planned on doing NROL4W now but I got insanity for Christmas as a gift and now I feel like I should do it... although I really had been telling myself that this year I was going to lift!
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing thanks for asking.... I had planned on doing NROL4W now but I got insanity for Christmas as a gift and now I feel like I should do it... although I really had been telling myself that this year I was going to lift!
    Insanity has really shaped my arms. I'm following the calorie guidelines which aren't much different than NROLFW and I think together they will pair well.

If anything do NROLFW first so you have nice muscles for the summer and then Insanity, or vice versa.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Insanity has really shaped my arms. I'm following the calorie guidelines which aren't much different than NROLFW and I think together they will pair well.

If anything do NROLFW first so you have nice muscles for the summer and then Insanity, or vice versa.

I am on day 6 of Insanity now... I will probably just keep with it for now and try NROL4W in March I guess. That seems soooo far away though!